Members Picks Week of June 3

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Members’ Picks Members Picks Week of June 3

This topic contains 30 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Lynne Guenther 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Robert Apple

Members reference what you might consider a five star photo. Give a call out to the photographer and share their photo even if it lies in the Shark Tank and feel free to give a Critique on why it trips your Trigger.

P71
    Participant

Thank you Robert ,

When i first set my eyes on this Piece of PURE magic it blew the boots right off me i have holes in my socks to prove it 🙂

Jaw droppingly GORGEOUS , From the overall shape to the lighting to the shadows the angle of the door frame  the patterns ect  , Dripping with class WOW.

These are my true honest feelings when i look at this , the internet does not have enough stars to attach to this ..this is the STAR .. Super work Kent thank you for sharing such a Winner.

Kent DuFault
      Participant

Wow! Thank you so much!

Tersha
      Keymaster

I agree, lots of interesting stuff going on in this shot, love it Kent!

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Great pick P71. Top shot Kent!

Graham Hart
      Participant

Just found this. Fabulous pic of a fascinating subject Kent. Feels like every pixel is exactly how it should be….perfect.

Lynne Guenther
      Participant

OMG Kent this is gorgeous!!! The Wabi Sabi of the building is perfect! Do you sale this as a print?

Kent DuFault
        Participant

If you would like a print of this. I would be happy to make you one at cost. I like to use easycanvasprints.com. Their prices are very reasonable and the quality is very high. I have printed as large as 30 inches by 40 inches.

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

I totally agree, this one caught my eye as well 🙂

Robert Apple

Nice perspective Kent, has a real Steam Punk look to it.

Kent DuFault
      Participant

I like steampunk! I even wrote a steampunk story once. Bet you didn’t know that! Thanks.

John Thompson

I really like this as well.  Steam Punk?? Qu’est-ce que c’est?

Dorothy
    Participant

This was submitted in the weekend challenge by Diane.  i think it has the sharpness we all love and the colors pop, a wonderful way to upgrade the lowly status of push pins. a great job with the black background and the reflection of the pins. this shows there is beauty in everything around us if we are just willing to take the time and look.

pins

Graham Hart
      Participant

This pic is really quite ingenious with the reflections on the black background. Dorothy said it well, beauty all around us if we just look. A pile of pins is transformed into a piece of art through some very clever photographic work.

Kent DuFault
      Participant

LOVE this picture!

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Very Nice Diane!

Tersha
      Keymaster

Thanks Dorothy! and thanks Graham, Kent and Erik for the comments! 🙂

Dorothy
    Participant

Don’t know if there is a rule of how many we can post here but i just had to add this photo that Beth posted in Landscapes.  it checked off every box for me, b&w, sharp, detailed, evoking a mood of time past, and composed at just the right angle. i can’t think anyone could not love/appreciate this photo. (even better on flickr)

by Beth - out of gas

Kent DuFault
      Participant

Good pick. A classic look in black and white photography.

Tersha
      Keymaster

Agree Dorothy, great b/w shot.

John Thompson

I liked this when I saw it.  I am glad someone posted it here.  Good work Dorothy!  Great work Beth.

beth
      Participant

Thanks Dorothy

Lynne Guenther
      Participant

I agree with you Dorothy, the angle is perfect. Great job Beth!

Tobie

I just love all of the shots above! And also the idea of this thread – well done for inventing it @robertapple!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.