Members Picks Week of May 13

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Members’ Picks Members Picks Week of May 13

This topic contains 55 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  bucweeet 3 months ago.

• Author

Robert Apple

Members reference what you might consider a five star photo. Give a call out to the photographer and share their photo even if it lies in the Shark Tank and feel free to give a Critique on why it trips your Trigger.

John Thompson

I really like this one from Graham.  Nice portrait mode landscape that is very pleasant to the eye.

Tersha
      Keymaster

Agree John, it’s a really lovely shot!

Robert Apple

I missed this in my late night travels on the site, really nice photo.

Tom M
      Participant

I really like this one too. From the bending tree which somehow leads you into more of the photo, to the small little tufts of grass dancing in the light.Love it…

Kent DuFault
      Participant

Lovely Picture

ElinL
      Participant

Agree – lovely shot !

Graham Hart
      Participant

Thanks everyone. Happy that it even worked because I was flying blind with the ND filter (confession; took about 25 shots to get a keeper 🙂 )

Tersha
    Keymaster

This shot by Leanne definitely stands out, perfect lighting, composition and clarity, simply beautiful!

Recipe for Spring

Robert Apple

Yep, there may just be a reason she wrote a flower photography guide for photozy.

Kent DuFault
      Participant

Very nice. Leanne has an amazing eye for flower photography.

Frogdaily
      Participant

Love this image too – stunning capture

LeanneC
      Participant

Thank you Diane!

ElinL
      Participant

Great choice Diane ! Stunning image, in spite of the droplets !

LeanneC
        Participant

Haha! The drops can definitely feel contrived. These ones were just there!

Graham Hart
      Participant

Beautiful pic Leanne. DOF, compo, light….perfect.

P71
    Participant

I liked this Photograph i think it is excellent.

Sorry not sure best way to share images from other post within the forum , this is the Photo By Kent DuFault

Smart looking work.

Kent DuFault
      Participant

Thanks P71!

Frogdaily
      Participant

I too love this image by Kent – the tones, colors, shapes and POV all work to create a visually strong image!

Robert Apple

Its definitely interesting in a good way Kent, are those you toes ?  Maybe you should start a foot throw down, that could make for some interesting Photos.

Kent DuFault
        Participant

Yes, those are my toes. We were on holiday at Lake Superior.

Dave Watkins
      Participant

My attempted toe nail polish humor aside this shot has a lot going for it.

Graham Hart
      Participant

Loved it from the get go. As the choreographer said to the dancer…”nice foot work” 🙂

Kent DuFault
        Participant

LOL! You always have the best comments Graham.

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Kent, definitely a TOP SHOT!

Frogdaily
    Participant

I love this image by Craig in the weekend challenge, to me it is very captivating… he is a talented artist and photographer! Love the composition and the black background makes the colors pop …  the light painting captures all the main points superbly– well done!

Robert Apple

Its almost like an old black light poster, this is a cool shot.

Robert Apple

Good to see you posting Again Frog, its been a while.

Tersha
      Keymaster

Agree Frog, it’s a really good shot!

Lynne Guenther
      Participant

Love this image, great mood. I agree about the black light poster!

Graham Hart
      Participant

Love the way the art of painting is expressed in this pic without any distractions.

Dorothy
    Participant

There are two photos i thought were really great and each came from a Throwdown – the first is by ElinL – spring in north or fall in south – absolutely Spring Innocence! want this lamb frolicking in my back yard!ElinL - lamb

Kent DuFault
      Participant

This is truly a lovely picture!

Robert Apple

The Photo just oozes cute.

Tersha
      Keymaster

Super sweet!

Frogdaily
      Participant

Agree this is a great capture ElinL – such a sweet face … so adorable

ElinL
        Participant

Thank you all. My aesthetic sense is getting suffocated by cuteness these days – be prepared – more to come Lol

Graham Hart
      Participant

Missed this one before but what a heart melting pic. Love it Elin.

Dorothy
    Participant

second is by Anne Hornsby – throwdown – no longer seaworthy  –  to me this is an awesome photo, i want to say piece of art – print it, frame it, hang it.Anne Hornsby - Point Reyes

Kent DuFault
      Participant

Very nice!

Robert Apple

I like this as well, being a gear head I love old machinery and this shot was well executed.

ElinL
      Participant

Great choice Dorothy ! Stunning image.

Anne Hornsby
      Participant

Thanks, Dorothy!   and thanks Kent, Robert, Elin.   Robert, I also love old machinery, though often can’t find ways to make them interesting photographs!   (But that doesn’t stop me from having a large folder full of gear …)

Graham Hart
      Participant

Love this too. The stories they could tell, the characters that inhabited these old vessels, the seas they encountered….so much past history wrapped up in a sand-bound carcass.

The wife’s off to see Aladin The Musical today and I’ve been planning all week to head out to an old ships graveyard north of Adelaide to try and get a shot for this throwdown. Weather ain’t looking to good so fingers crossed I get something.

bucweeet
      Participant

That’s a great image Dorothy.  You capture it very well!

billyspad
    Blocked

Chosen just cos I like it. Does one need more reason? By Bert in Photo Chit Chat.

Kent DuFault
      Participant

I like this one very much as well! It has a unique mood, which is accentuated by the woman’s eyes being closed. Works perfectly in black and white.

Graham Hart
      Participant

Great choice Billy and great pic bert. True street photography to my eyes with a strong story open to interpretation.

Anonymous

Thanks Billy and of course Kent and Graham, always pleasant so see a photo connects for whatever reasons, in that respect I like your reason best Billy 😉

bucweeet
      Participant

Great choice billyspad!  The lady with her melancholy look (if one wishes to choose to call it that) brings life, mood and maybe sadness to what could be considered an ordinary street scene. Well done Bert!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.