Members Picks Week of September 16

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Members’ Picks Members Picks Week of September 16

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Robert Apple

Members reference what you might consider a five star photo. Give a call out to the photographer and share their photo even if it lies in the Shark Tank and feel free to give a Critique on why it trips your Trigger.

P71
      Participant

Thanks very much Robert

Seen this smart looking photo in the ST , some great photos i see in the tank.

I picked this shot for a number of reasons but the main thing that i enjoyed was the creative mind at work and the results on full display.

Photographer – Petr Nowak

Tersha
        Keymaster

Cool shot Patrick.

Graham Hart
        Participant

A real thought provoker. Great choice Pat.

Petr Nowak
      Participant

Thanks P71.

Preston
      Participant

This one is from the Weekend Challenge, posted by Dave Watkins.  With Autumn looming in the northern hemisphere, I feel this perfectly captures the upcoming season.  All the colors are the subdued browns, oranges, and greens that makes me want to put on a flannel and drink hot apple cider by a campfire.  The composition is also spot on.  It fits the odd theme but only focuses on one subject adding to the power of the photo.   

Dave Watkins
        Participant

Thank you so much for the wonderful comment Preston. Interesting that you mentioned cider as we’ve been pressing pears and apples the last couple of weekends. 🙂

P71
          Participant

Good one Dave , great choice Preston.

Graham Hart
        Participant

Another great pick. I just love this because it directs my eye from foreground to background then back again as I drink it all in.

Robert Apple

Mr. Wollitz @el-dub strikes again, First oft I don’t often find photos of humans all that interesting, but when I do it often has been posted by Lenny, He comments that “This is pretty noisy and he moved so it’s not tack sharp”, but that really doesn’t matter here and I think adds to the photo. I’m not the only one who feels this way as he has already caused several members to break shark tank rules.

Its possible that the fact this song was playing when I first came across this photo had something to do with it as well. It perhaps would have made the perfect album cover.

Lenny Wollitz
        Participant

Thank Robert!  Love the music!

Graham Hart
        Participant

A contender for members pic of the year for mine. A wonderful study in composition and light.

Graham Hart
        Participant

Haven’t heard this guy before and I have a serious blues CD collection. Thanks for sharing Robert.

Robert Apple

His two best in my opinion are Swampland Jam which is a live album, and Brother to the Blues which explores how other genres of music have interacted with the blues, covers from the works Sam Cooke and Hank Williams to name a couple. Just how serious is you collection? as far as the Blues goes mine currently stands a 722 albums.

Graham Hart
            Participant

Holy crap! OK, mine isn’t as serious as I thought. I have 81. I stopped collecting years ago after I went classical for a few years, then got into Chillout music. Haven’t bought any new music for quite a while now. Once again, time wins out.

Tersha
        Keymaster

Really god pick Robert, I love this shot by Lenny.
        I’d never heard that music before, so glad you put it here, I’ll be looking up more from him!

Mistyisle
        Participant

I agree Robert.  Lenny’s image is stunning!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Mistyisle.
        • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Mistyisle.
        Tobie

Nice shot indeed @robertapple! Well done Lenny @el-dub!

This song makes me itch to take out my harmonicas and let go in 2nd position, LOL!

@jdublu deserves a spot this week I think.

Graham Hart
        Participant

A fresh take on an old standard is always worthy of attention. Good choice Rob.

Robert Apple

This is rather a interesting photo in color, texture, and patterns.

Tersha
        Keymaster

Yep, sunflowers make good images, and this is particularly good!

Bruce Gordon
        Participant

That certainly is a sweet shot!! I love the texture and colors!

Pat Garrett
      Participant

This image by Charmaine Joubert in the Weekend Challenge makes me grin. The color, simple background and composition focus the eye on the expression of each “Birdie on a Stick” . To me, they look like “The 5 Amigos”. @Charmaine Joubert

Graham Hart
        Participant

I’m sure Charmaine secretly works for National Geographic or Audubon as the staff photographer. I agree Pat, the expressions on the birds make this a stunning capture.

Robert Apple

Great Choice Pat ,Charmaine seems to have this uncanny ability to be in the right place at the right time and capture it beautifully, I agree Graham She has a secret super power.

Tersha
        Keymaster

Good pick Pat, wonderful shot by Charmaine!

Bruce Gordon
        Participant

Wonderful choice Pat!

P71
      Participant

All great pictures above , credit to each and all … Nice choices folks ;).

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.