- September 16, 2019 at 1:13 pm #419561
Members reference what you might consider a five star photo. Give a call out to the photographer and share their photo even if it lies in the Shark Tank and feel free to give a Critique on why it trips your Trigger.
- September 16, 2019 at 5:38 pm #419596
Thanks very much Robert
Seen this smart looking photo in the ST , some great photos i see in the tank.
I picked this shot for a number of reasons but the main thing that i enjoyed was the creative mind at work and the results on full display.
Photographer – Petr Nowak
- September 17, 2019 at 2:54 am #419627Petr NowakParticipant
- September 18, 2019 at 8:01 pm #419786PrestonParticipant
This one is from the Weekend Challenge, posted by Dave Watkins. With Autumn looming in the northern hemisphere, I feel this perfectly captures the upcoming season. All the colors are the subdued browns, oranges, and greens that makes me want to put on a flannel and drink hot apple cider by a campfire. The composition is also spot on. It fits the odd theme but only focuses on one subject adding to the power of the photo.
- September 19, 2019 at 10:12 am #419835Dave WatkinsParticipant
Thank you so much for the wonderful comment Preston. Interesting that you mentioned cider as we’ve been pressing pears and apples the last couple of weekends. 🙂
- September 20, 2019 at 4:48 pm #419935
Good one Dave , great choice Preston.
- September 20, 2019 at 11:08 am #419909
Another great pick. I just love this because it directs my eye from foreground to background then back again as I drink it all in.
- September 19, 2019 at 12:20 pm #419847
Mr. Wollitz @el-dub strikes again, First oft I don’t often find photos of humans all that interesting, but when I do it often has been posted by Lenny, He comments that “This is pretty noisy and he moved so it’s not tack sharp”, but that really doesn’t matter here and I think adds to the photo. I’m not the only one who feels this way as he has already caused several members to break shark tank rules.
Its possible that the fact this song was playing when I first came across this photo had something to do with it as well. It perhaps would have made the perfect album cover.
- September 19, 2019 at 6:33 pm #419871Lenny WollitzParticipant
Thank Robert! Love the music!
- September 20, 2019 at 11:11 am #419910
A contender for members pic of the year for mine. A wonderful study in composition and light.
- September 20, 2019 at 11:15 am #419911
Haven’t heard this guy before and I have a serious blues CD collection. Thanks for sharing Robert.
- September 20, 2019 at 11:55 am #419915
His two best in my opinion are Swampland Jam which is a live album, and Brother to the Blues which explores how other genres of music have interacted with the blues, covers from the works Sam Cooke and Hank Williams to name a couple. Just how serious is you collection? as far as the Blues goes mine currently stands a 722 albums.
- September 20, 2019 at 10:28 pm #419963
Holy crap! OK, mine isn’t as serious as I thought. I have 81. I stopped collecting years ago after I went classical for a few years, then got into Chillout music. Haven’t bought any new music for quite a while now. Once again, time wins out.
- September 20, 2019 at 3:37 pm #419930
Really god pick Robert, I love this shot by Lenny.
I’d never heard that music before, so glad you put it here, I’ll be looking up more from him!
- September 20, 2019 at 6:18 pm #419942
- September 21, 2019 at 2:19 am #419979
- September 20, 2019 at 4:04 am #419892
- September 20, 2019 at 11:16 am #419912
A fresh take on an old standard is always worthy of attention. Good choice Rob.
- September 20, 2019 at 11:57 am #419916
This is rather a interesting photo in color, texture, and patterns.
- September 20, 2019 at 3:38 pm #419931
Yep, sunflowers make good images, and this is particularly good!
- September 21, 2019 at 8:33 pm #420018Bruce GordonParticipant
That certainly is a sweet shot!! I love the texture and colors!
- September 20, 2019 at 7:33 am #419900Pat GarrettParticipant
This image by Charmaine Joubert in the Weekend Challenge makes me grin. The color, simple background and composition focus the eye on the expression of each “Birdie on a Stick” . To me, they look like “The 5 Amigos”. @Charmaine Joubert
- September 20, 2019 at 11:20 am #419913
I’m sure Charmaine secretly works for National Geographic or Audubon as the staff photographer. I agree Pat, the expressions on the birds make this a stunning capture.
- September 20, 2019 at 12:04 pm #419919
Great Choice Pat ,Charmaine seems to have this uncanny ability to be in the right place at the right time and capture it beautifully, I agree Graham She has a secret super power.
- September 20, 2019 at 3:40 pm #419932
Good pick Pat, wonderful shot by Charmaine!
- September 21, 2019 at 8:35 pm #420019Bruce GordonParticipant
Wonderful choice Pat!
- September 20, 2019 at 4:51 pm #419937
All great pictures above , credit to each and all … Nice choices folks ;).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.