- February 12, 2020 at 10:14 am #431492
- February 12, 2020 at 11:17 am #431504Kent DuFaultParticipant
Excellent use of Minimalism. Great use of color contrast. My critique would be… I would like to see more detail in the white areas of the wall, especially in the upper left. Leaving those areas a ‘blown out’ white with absolutely no detail detracts from the shot (IMO).
- February 12, 2020 at 9:04 pm #431555Rob Wood (Admin)Keymaster
Wow, yeah I don’t think you need the wall to be quite that minimalist for this to remain a very effective shot. So I would probably agree with Kent.
The line of the bricks at the bottom right of the crop kinda bothers me too.
Very small criticisms though.
- February 12, 2020 at 10:41 pm #431562
Thank you guys, I appreciate it. I’ll go back into Lightroom and try to fix the upper left.
- February 13, 2020 at 4:02 am #431590Petr NowakParticipant
Great minimalistic image. As Kent has said: some parts of the wall is too bright. Bring some detail there. And remove bottom right wall line.
I’d try to change blue color hue a little bit.
- February 13, 2020 at 4:36 am #431594Erik FransmanParticipant
Hi Crystal, that’s fun. I made a similar image in 2013. They should be framed together.
(Although, your image is better, because the lines are straight. More minimal)
- February 13, 2020 at 6:31 am #431597JasenkaGKeymaster
Hi Crystal, I agree with Rob when it comes to the bottom right of the crop, I think that line should be removed.
Overall, it’s a great use of minimalism and I don’t mind that blown out white color of the wall, I actually find it quite suitable here.
- February 13, 2020 at 6:07 pm #431700Federico AlegriaParticipant
Yup, just bring back some information from the blown highlights and you’ll be all set mate, crafting minimal work is quite hard, and you’ve done a very promising approach here. If you are REALLY into these sort of images, perhaps getting your hands on a tilt-shift lens might be helpful (you could rent one to start experimenting).
- This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by Federico Alegria.
- February 14, 2020 at 7:50 pm #431846
I don’t know how to reply to one person but Federico, thanks for the suggestion I’ll look into a tilt shift. Erik great photo, I really like it
- February 14, 2020 at 8:00 pm #431847FalxyParticipant
I love minimal and I love your image Crystal! 🙂
agree with more detail in the background but well spotted and shot
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.