Minimalist Staircase

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Crystal
      Participant

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Crystal.
      Kent DuFault
      Participant

Excellent use of Minimalism. Great use of color contrast. My critique would be… I would like to see more detail in the white areas of the wall, especially in the upper left. Leaving those areas a ‘blown out’ white with absolutely no detail detracts from the shot (IMO).

Wow, yeah I don’t think you need the wall to be quite that minimalist for this to remain a very effective shot. So I would probably agree with Kent.

The line of the bricks at the bottom right of the crop kinda bothers me too.

Very small criticisms though.

Crystal
      Participant

Thank you guys, I appreciate it.  I’ll go back into Lightroom and try to fix the upper left.

Petr Nowak
      Participant

Great minimalistic image. As Kent has said: some parts of the wall is too bright. Bring some detail there. And remove bottom right wall line.
      I’d try to change blue color hue a little bit.

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Hi Crystal, that’s fun. I made a similar image in 2013. They should be framed together.
      (Although, your image is better, because the lines are straight. More minimal)

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

Hi Crystal, I agree with Rob when it comes to the bottom right of the crop, I think that line should be removed.

Overall, it’s a great use of minimalism and I don’t mind that blown out white color of the wall, I actually find it quite suitable here.

Federico Alegria
      Participant

Yup, just bring back some information from the blown highlights and you’ll be all set mate, crafting minimal work is quite hard, and you’ve done a very promising approach here. If you are REALLY into these sort of images, perhaps getting your hands on a tilt-shift lens might be helpful (you could rent one to start experimenting).

Crystal
      Participant

I don’t know how to reply to one person but Federico, thanks for the suggestion I’ll look into a tilt shift.  Erik great photo, I really like it

Falxy
      Participant

I love minimal and I love your image Crystal! 🙂

agree with more detail in the background but well spotted and shot

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar