Mobile Monday Challenge – 5th August 2019

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Mobile Monday Challenge – 5th August 2019

Tagged: 

This topic contains 38 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Tersha 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Usual rules. Open Topic. All images submitted must be taken on the sensor of a mobile device, and any editing done on a mobile device (smart phone or tablet).

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Sky Dancing, Galaxy S7, crop
    Tightrobe dancing

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Erik Fransman.

Tersha
      Keymaster

Love his Erik, I find it fascinating!

Erik Fransman
        Participant

Thank you Diane. It took some time to find the right angle. To get it I had to step into a flower bed, being very careful not to damage them.
        What I hoped for was that the figure would fit in the space between the trees. I had a bit of luck because it fitted better than I had imagined it standing from the side.

Kent DuFault
      Participant

Good eye, Erik!

P71
    Participant

Anyone for Tennis .. s6

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  P71.

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Dark side of the moon. Good shot.

P71
        Participant

Thanks Erik  , Thanks to Rob for the idea i read in daily tips email.

Tersha
      Keymaster

Wonderful shot!

P71
        Participant

Thank you Tersha 😉

Kent DuFault
    Participant

Selfie with Ramona Reflection. iPhone 8+ shot with the Argentum app and processed in Snapseed and Instagram.

P71
      Participant

Sweet one kent

Tersha
      Keymaster

You’ve inspired me to get the Argentum App, Kent!

Kent DuFault
        Participant

It’s a lot of fun. You’ll like it!

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Since I am no iPhone owner I had to look up the Argentum app. Looks like fun and in your hands a good tool. Nice shot Kent.

Tersha
    Keymaster

We found this very large bee/wasp? in the house, caught it, then released it outside. It’s over an inch long, much bigger than the average bee. I’ve tried to ID it, but there’s too many possibilities to be sure …

unknown bee?

unknown bee?

iPhone 6s+, Snapseeed

Erik Fransman
      Participant

I especially like the first shot with all the lines in the background. No help here identifying the bee. I would say, giant bee.

Tersha
        Keymaster

Thanks Erik, I’ve since been told that’s a Dark Giant Horsefly! Glad I didn’t get bitten!

Kent DuFault
      Participant

We had bees similar to this when I lived in Florida. We called them cicada killers. Cicadas are a very large bug as well. These bees would swoop down and land on them, and then the two bugs would roll around in a fight to the death for about 10 to 15 minutes. The bee always won, as the cicada had no defense except for size. Fascinating to watch.

Tersha
        Keymaster

That would have been really fascinating Kent, I’ve since been told that it is a Dark Giant Horsefly!

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Street scene, Brouwersgracht. Yeah, same bridge as last time. Galaxy S7.

Tersha
      Keymaster

The orange VW makes it Erik.

Erik Fransman
        Participant

Diane, orange makes it but it is not a VW. It is a Citroën Deux Cheveaux (Vapeur) which means two horse power. (Although the original version had 8 HP!) Originally the car was meant for farmers to transport 50 kilos (110 pounds) of potatoes or 50-liter wine. There is also a story that the car had to be able to transport a sheep  (that’s why it is a convertible) and a tray of eggs without breaking while driving over a just plowed field. The car became immensely popular. More than 5 million were sold and nowadays they are collector items many times more expensive than the original owners paid for them.
        Below a self-timer picture of me and a friend. In 1976 we borrowed a 2CV to drive from Amsterdam to Kopenhagen. Only 600 miles but you can image, quite a trip.

Tersha
          Keymaster

Thanks for that Erik, I should have looked closer, I had a VW once, many years ago, it had a 6volt battery, and was not the most reliable.
          Love the shot of you with your 2CV!

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Gay Monument (the steps), Western Church (Where Rembrandt is burried) and getting a Bicycle out of the canal.
    Galaxy S7 edge.

chris pook
    Participant

The Wild Geese (no Richard Burton though).  Oh, it’s a movie, iPhoneX, no edits.

The Wild Geese.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  chris pook.

Tersha
      Keymaster

So cool Chris, never seen that before.

Frank
    Participant

Wow, Chris. I have never seen something like that!

chris pook
      Participant

Every morning and evening the geese fly over our village, heading between the lakes on one side and the fields on the other.  When I took the dog out for her morning run yesterday the geese were straddling the lane, and we rode through them. Thats what picked them up, and got them circling us.  It was a little eerie.  Not quite Alfred Hitchcock….

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Good shot! Glad it was not in a script and you had to direct it. That would not have been an easy task. Having the dog run into the shot and the geese fly up and then at the right speed circling you. Super.

P71
    Participant

Hi

Tersha
      Keymaster

Made me smile Patrick! 🙂

P71
        Participant

😉

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  P71.

Kent DuFault
      Participant

Good one! All I can hear is “ET Phone Home!”

P71
    Participant

Thanks kent i had a good play with some £1.00 Led lights 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.