Mobile Monday Challenge – 8 June 2020

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Mobile Monday Challenge – 8 June 2020

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Usual rules. Open Topic. All images submitted must be taken on the sensor of a mobile device, and any editing done on a mobile device (smart phone or tablet).

Kris T
      Participant

Anne Hornsby
      Participant

@liveyourlife83  I love the bit of color just in the eyes.  Is that from the flash or PP?

Kris T
        Participant

Thank you Anne. It was PP.
        Just having a little fun with it =)

Angel soaking up the last of the warmth before going into Brumation. iPhone XR, SOOC.

Mobile Monday

Tersha
        Keymaster

Interesting David, I didn’t know what Brumation was, and had to Google it.

Rob Wood (Admin)
      Keymaster

side window lighting low key on iPhone 11 and edited in Lightroom mobile selfie.

Much appreciated if anyone can tell me what went wrong on the left under my glasses…

Jim Collins
        Participant

Nice shot, Rob. I don’t see anything wrong on the left side – just all in shadow as it should be with the side lighting.

Tersha
        Keymaster

Do you mean the distortion caused by your glasses, giving the effect of your face being wider under the glasses?
        Really nice shot anyway!

Rob Wood (Admin)
          Keymaster

@jimcol51 @tersha – If you look immediately under the glasses, there is a dark line – like “reverse ghosting” that runs down next to the line of the cheek.

I wonder if it’s just “portrait mode” struggling on the iPhone.

Jim Collins
            Participant

Rob, sorry. You said the left and I read left eye. I see what you’re talking about now. Without enlarging the photo it looks like a scar ☺️. But when enlarged, it does look weird. Not sure what it is, maybe ghosting as you say. It is partially transparent.

Tersha
            Keymaster

Yes, I can see it now … no idea what it is though.

Graham Hart
        Participant

Interesting mystery Rob. I notice a slight darkening blur just below your eye too – behind the glass lens. Maybe something to do with the phone’s ability to separate the brightest part of the image from the darker BG? Either that or perhaps some random out of focus hairs on the back of your head/neck?

Rob Wood (Admin)
          Keymaster

Sometimes the portrait mode can get a little… challenged.

Jim Collins
      Participant

Momma agave and a bunch of babies, it appears. Taken mostly to start learning how to use Lightroom mobile. (I am not a big fan of its sliders right now – very hard to get them to work sometimes.) LG4 and Lightroom Mobile

Big agave plant on corner of lot

Tersha
        Keymaster

That’s a helluva big agave, nice sharp shot.

Erik Fransman
      Participant

From the Canal. Sorry I did not get the contents.
      OnePlus 8 at 12MP, no Editing.

Erik Fransman
      Participant

More from the Canal: One Plus 8, no editing.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author

David Chesterfield is an IT Manager, light painter and amateur photographer living in Brisbane, Australia. You can follow him on:
Facebook, Instagramor Flickr.