- February 4, 2020 at 1:54 pm #430771
“Mountains”. Some kind of minimalism. What do you think – CC ?
- February 4, 2020 at 6:10 pm #430788Erik FransmanParticipant
Petr, “What do I think?” I think I like it, actually a lot.
ST: I think the grey sky can use some punch and the rocks some added brightness and contrast.
- February 5, 2020 at 10:06 am #430842Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
This is beautiful abstract art Petr. I like it a lot too.
In terms of feedback, I think you could slightly dodge the darker area just above the crack. Not sure what you think 🙂
- February 5, 2020 at 10:28 am #430849
I like it a lot as well. It is quite fine as it is. From a personal point of view. I would like to see a tone value, somewhere in the frame, that is slightly closer to the highlight scale of 255. Maybe in the clouds? I don’t think I would lighten the foreground rock as the detail there is exquisite. You know what… On second thought it’s perfect as it is! 🙂
- February 6, 2020 at 8:41 am #430918
Thanks for opinions. I’ve tried to process it a little more (dodge darker area above the crack and add tone values closer to 255)…
- February 6, 2020 at 9:34 am #430928
- February 7, 2020 at 11:23 pm #431068MistyisleParticipant
I checked my diary and it isn’t the 1st of April. However I can see that the subject matter is a composition of bricks almost vertical and with plaster in front. Interesting concept, Petr! Shows that one can get inspiration almost anywhere 🙂
- February 8, 2020 at 3:00 pm #431101Tom MParticipant
I like this. Had me going, I thought it was mountains and rocks, but I couldn’t figure out what the crack was on the bottom.I think I do like the lightening(2nd photo) better. Good eye and capture…
- February 9, 2020 at 6:41 am #431141
@Mistyisle: “1st of April”? Does the image looks so bad or insufficient? Yes, the image is somehow very minimalistic and many photographers may ask “WTF”. But I understand your opinion/question. I wondered if this image is good enough. If I compare it to my other image “Japanese snow mountains”, this one looks a little bit poorer.
One way or another I want to hear critique including the negative one.
- February 9, 2020 at 7:53 am #431144
FYI: original image, partially destroyed wall, cloudy sky behind.
- February 10, 2020 at 9:39 am #431274
Seeing this makes it even better. Very cool and creative.
- February 11, 2020 at 5:02 am #431361Erik FransmanParticipant
Petr, this is fun!
- February 11, 2020 at 6:33 am #431367JasenkaGKeymaster
That’s a super clever way to make an ordinary scene really eye-catching. Great job!
- February 11, 2020 at 5:55 pm #431414Federico AlegriaParticipant
You really tricked me out mate… Jajajaja, I really thought this was a mountain. Back to the Tank, I’ll stick to the original’s version crop, with a lessened out development from the second version.
- February 12, 2020 at 4:38 am #431447
😀 I’m sorry. I have a period of minimalism and my fantazy is somehow unlimited.
Thanks to all for feedback.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.