“Mountains”

Latest Posts Photography Forums The Shark Tank “Mountains”

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Petr Nowak
      Participant

“Mountains”. Some kind of minimalism. What do you think – CC ?

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Petr, “What do I think?” I think I like it, actually a lot.

ST: I think the grey sky can use some punch and the rocks some added brightness and contrast.

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

This is beautiful abstract art Petr. I like it a lot too.

In terms of feedback, I think you could slightly dodge the darker area just above the crack. Not sure what you think 🙂

Kent DuFault
      Participant

I like it a lot as well. It is quite fine as it is. From a personal point of view. I would like to see a tone value, somewhere in the frame, that is slightly closer to the highlight scale of 255. Maybe in the clouds? I don’t think I would lighten the foreground rock as the detail there is exquisite. You know what… On second thought it’s perfect as it is! 🙂

Petr Nowak
      Participant

Thanks for opinions. I’ve tried to process it a little more (dodge darker area above the crack and add tone values closer to 255)…

Kent DuFault
        Participant

I like the original better.

JasenkaG
          Keymaster

Me too! I find the original really perfect.

Petr Nowak
      Participant

@Kent: ok. I have got an experience that my first intuitive postprocess (crop, etc.) is the best many times. As soon as I start to think this and that and start to fiddle with image more and more the result is somehow “overprocessed”. I don’t know what does it mean exactly…

Mistyisle
      Participant

I checked my diary and it isn’t the 1st of April. However I can see that the subject matter is a composition of bricks almost vertical and with plaster in front. Interesting concept, Petr! Shows that one can get inspiration almost anywhere 🙂

Tom M
      Participant

I like this. Had me going, I thought it was mountains and rocks, but I couldn’t figure out what the crack was on the bottom.I think I do like the lightening(2nd photo) better. Good eye and capture…

Petr Nowak
      Participant

@Mistyisle: “1st of April”? Does the image looks so bad or insufficient? Yes, the image is somehow very minimalistic and many photographers may ask “WTF”. But I understand your opinion/question. I wondered if this image is good enough. If I compare it to my other image “Japanese snow mountains”, this one looks a little bit poorer.
      One way or another I want to hear critique including the negative one.

@Tom: thanks.

Petr Nowak
      Participant

FYI: original image, partially destroyed wall, cloudy sky behind.

Kent DuFault
        Participant

Seeing this makes it even better. Very cool and creative.

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Petr, this is fun!

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

That’s a super clever way to make an ordinary scene really eye-catching. Great job!

Federico Alegria
      Participant

You really tricked me out mate… Jajajaja, I really thought this was a mountain. Back to the Tank, I’ll stick to the original’s version crop, with a lessened out development from the second version.

Petr Nowak
      Participant

😀   I’m sorry. I have a period of minimalism and my fantazy is somehow unlimited.

Thanks to all for feedback.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar