Old and new.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Petr Nowak
      Participant

Old and new (Old Town Bridge Tower and tram in movement – Prague).
      Tram brightened. Sky darkened.
      Any thoughs ?
      I wonder if remove tram trolley or not…

Greg
      Participant

I’m not sure what a “tram trolley” is. If you are referring to the wire above the tram, I think it would be much cleaner if it was removed. Also, the building in the center seems a little dark. Is there any detail to be brought to the surface by brightening it a bit?

Nice shot. I like it.

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Hi Petr, this is a beautiful image with a semi-abstract look. I like the colours, the details in the sky and the reflections on the tram. The only thing that could be improved is, to slightly brighten both the buildings, just the top part. Not sure if the darkness is due to a vignette or something similar 🙂

Petr Nowak
      Participant

The second version (brightened the tower, and removed wire):

Federico Alegria
      Participant

Hi there Petr, I really like what you did here (both first and second one are nice), honestly, I don’t fin the wire to be distracting at all. What I feel odd is the tightness of the frame, which leaves so little breathing air on top of the building. But that is just a highly subjective feeling I’m getting. Overall, it is a magnificent color photograph, and that bright red is quite the main character here.

Petr Nowak
      Participant

More space on the top/left:

Greg
        Participant

Beautiful.

Graham Hart
      Participant

I like the juxtaposition of the rapid modern world against the staid solid structure of the past. Sort of says “time stands still for no-one”. The looming clouds feel like nature overseeing the changes happening beneath. Great pic Petr.

Petr Nowak
      Participant

@Graham, @Greg: thanks. 🙂

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

Hi Petr, removing the tram trolley was a good idea, the image looks cleaner now.  I would maybe increase the clarity in Lightroom just a little bit.

Petr Nowak
      Participant

Increased clarity:

Petr Nowak
      Participant

Thanks to all for CC !!!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author