One Hot Fargo

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Toad Hollow Photography 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Well, my friends, we’re back to visiting the Antique Truck Show here in the Cowichan Valley again today! For today’s post, we are going to look at an antique Fargo pickup truck that I have to admit is one of my favorite’s from the show. This classic truck exemplifies gorgeous styling cues from the 50’s and is a real show-stopper. We hope you enjoy!

Antique Fargo Pickup Truck - Circa 1950's - Cowichan Valley, BC, CanadaVisit our blog

Antique Fargo Pickup Truck - Circa 1950's - Cowichan Valley, BC, CanadaVisit our blog

Please feel free to visit our blog “One Hot Fargo” for the story behind the photo.

Tersha
    Keymaster

awesome truck, so low to the ground…..would love to drive one of those!

Tersha
    Keymaster

awesome truck, so low to the ground…..would love to drive one of those!

Ever thought about adding a slight vignette to your images in post, Toad?

Ever thought about adding a slight vignette to your images in post, Toad?

@tersha Thank you Tersha, we really appreciate those kind words!!

@admin Mmmm, time and time again, my friend. We don’t use Photoshop here (yet) so the tool I have doesn’t do this…. I have looked around for an alternative but just haven’t found anything that could integrate into our workflow given we don’t have Photoshop.. do you know of any alternatives?

@tersha Thank you Tersha, we really appreciate those kind words!!

@admin Mmmm, time and time again, my friend. We don’t use Photoshop here (yet) so the tool I have doesn’t do this…. I have looked around for an alternative but just haven’t found anything that could integrate into our workflow given we don’t have Photoshop.. do you know of any alternatives?

gone
    Participant

@toadhollow ~ why do you not have photoshop?

gone
    Participant

@toadhollow ~ why do you not have photoshop?

gone
    Participant

Beautiful truck and images!

gone
    Participant

Beautiful truck and images!

What program do you currently use?

I mean, there’s always GIMP which is free, but there’s probably something better and more suited to your workflow.

What program do you currently use?

I mean, there’s always GIMP which is free, but there’s probably something better and more suited to your workflow.

We don’t have it because we can’t afford it quite yet. LOL We’ve been hit with a few financial surprises this year that has precluded our ability to further invest in the photography gig. That will change, hopefully soon.

@admin I thought GIMP was only for Linux machines? Geez, I better look into that. I am embarrassed to admit, but we use Paint Shop Pro. For my workflow, I do most of the heavy lifting in Photomatix anyways, and just bring those results into Paint Shop Pro to adjust brightness and contrast, and I also typically run a tone algorithm on it to gently adjust the overall tones. Photoshop is on our “must get list” but unfortunately this won’t happen anytime soon so I am using what I’ve got here… 🙂

We don’t have it because we can’t afford it quite yet. LOL We’ve been hit with a few financial surprises this year that has precluded our ability to further invest in the photography gig. That will change, hopefully soon.

@admin I thought GIMP was only for Linux machines? Geez, I better look into that. I am embarrassed to admit, but we use Paint Shop Pro. For my workflow, I do most of the heavy lifting in Photomatix anyways, and just bring those results into Paint Shop Pro to adjust brightness and contrast, and I also typically run a tone algorithm on it to gently adjust the overall tones. Photoshop is on our “must get list” but unfortunately this won’t happen anytime soon so I am using what I’ve got here… 🙂

Wow, OK, I found the Windows version. This is quite the tool! It might actually be more powerful than Paint Shop Pro… is the Fuzzy Border tool the one to use for Vignetting? I have played with it a bit here and it comes out OK, but to me it doesn’t quite look as nice as the stuff you guys have put out before… any tips or hints here?

Wow, OK, I found the Windows version. This is quite the tool! It might actually be more powerful than Paint Shop Pro… is the Fuzzy Border tool the one to use for Vignetting? I have played with it a bit here and it comes out OK, but to me it doesn’t quite look as nice as the stuff you guys have put out before… any tips or hints here?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.