Orchids focus stack

Latest Posts Photography Forums The Shark Tank Orchids focus stack

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Tersha 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Jay Ward
    Participant

Here’s a stack I took using Arsenal to control the capture. Four images, stacked in PS.Tweaked with Luminar. 39mm, F9, 1/60, ISO 100, LED Ring flash.

Robert Apple

Nice Jay, my only feed back would have been to hang a dark sheet a bit behind it to hide the rooms contents.

Jay Ward
    Participant

Thanks Robert. On my laptop, I can’t see any background, time for a calibration I guess.

Robert Apple

Yeah I think so , I can clearly make out your cupboards, counters, stove, a towel hanging from the stove door handle, stuff sitting on the counters.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Lovely image Jay 🙂

Agree with Robert about the background which is quite distracting.

Jay Ward
    Participant

I found the calibration settings for my monitor. YIKES, I see what you mean. Thanks for the heads up.

Jay Ward
    Participant

Does this look better?

John Thompson

I was going to suggest for you to just paint the background black but you fixed it yourself.  Beautiful orchid.

bucweeet
    Participant

Much better.  The update make the edges of the petals on the far flower appear much sharper (I was going to mention they looked ‘soft’ and maybe you could have taken one more shot).

Only comment now is the very bottom flower… it’s a little bit darker on the inside than the top version.  Possibly introduce some light into there.

Tersha
    Keymaster

Beautiful orchid, I was going to mention the background, but you’ve sorted it now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.