Penarth Pier, it’s a wheelie nice place but tread carefully!

Latest Posts Photography Forums Landscape Photography Penarth Pier, it’s a wheelie nice place but tread carefully!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Joanne Van Praag
      Participant

This image was taken days before lockdown, I was drawn to this single car wheel embedded in the pristine sand – no other rubbish in sight – a symbol of our human waste spoiling the view and endangering wildlife

Penarth Pier

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Hi Joanne, this is a beautiful image and I like the crop factor you have used, to show the entire scene. Sad to see rubbish dumped in places where they shouldn’t be. Thank you for sharing with us 🙂

Patrick
      Participant

Nice b&w on a lovely scene , such a pity about the waste rubbish and showing it here really highlights the problem with it , when i started making photos every trip i noticed an old car wheel like this dumped in a bush or laying in a small stream , i started to save these photo with the intention to make a project highlighting all this rubbish dumped in the countryside. ..  I’m still adding to them :(.

Thanks for posting , nice work 😉

Graham Hart
      Participant

Great shot – great title. It’s a bit like looking at a body on the beach – invoking a similar feeling of loss, only in this case the loss is to the pristine environment. I think the composition and crop factor work really well together too.

Whoever dumped it there is a weal nut…unless it floated in from the Pacific Rim? (sorry)

Frank
      Participant

Sorry, makes me feel tired.

Joanne Van Praag
      Participant

The puns are better than my photo xxxxx

ElinL
      Participant

Beautiful image Joanne !

Bruce Gordon
      Participant

Very Nice Joanne! I particularly like the way you have handled the tonality of the monochrome. Really brings the whole image together.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author