Performance at Dallas museum of art circle member event for speechless

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Performance at Dallas museum of art circle member event for speechless

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Lynne Guenther
      Participant

Cell pic

Stunning shot. What was the performance?

Lynne Guenther
        Participant

It was a one time only dance and synthesizer performance using the exhibit as stage and instrument.

The exhibit itself is interactive.  It allows visitors to touch and spin the light capsules, and as they do, they trigger a synthesizer that causes sound at the pace the participant rotates the capsule.

It gives a cool kind of doplar effect, but somehow no matter who does what or where (they are each different and there were 9)  it’s always pleasant. As the synthesizer plays sounds, it triggers sonic vibrations in the water.

For the performance,  the artist, his also artist brother,  and a third artist friend “played” the capsules while another interpretative dance artist moved impulsively off the cuff… which she was great at!!! Very moving movements 😉

I took it to be representative of the connection between people through cultural energy. I say this bc the dance movements and sounds,  and overall composition of the peice related to all 4 artist’s heritage.  But also just fun and beautiful!

That sounds pretty cool. Where do you live that you have access to things like this?

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

This is really engaging, makes me wonder what’s going on here. B&W conversion looks very good too!

Lynne Guenther
        Participant

Thanks!

Look up, I posted in response to rob wood regarding what’s going on 😉

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Love the shot and it works great in black and white. Looks like a fine art photograph Lynne 🙂

P71
      Participant

Nice shot Lynne , looks and sounds like a lovely event.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.