Photo Apps on Your Phone

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Photo Apps on Your Phone

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author
      John McGarity
      Participant

I love being able to take great photos on my phone. It’s the closest I’ll ever come to being a magician. You can still use basic fundamentals and principles such as composition, and use available light sources is better than the one-way flash that comes on phones. But giving photos from a phone more life requires an app to make adjustments. I want to ask everyone what apps they use on their phone-photos, if any. Here’s what I use on my iPhone 4:

Best Camera
      Instagram
      Photoshop Express
      Hipstamatic
      PhotoCalc (not a production app, it’s a calculator. It’s like an all-in-one guide to rules, tips, and calculates times of day and conditions with camera settings, very useful when shooting outdoors)

David Haworth
      Participant

I’ve got a HTC desire android and haven’t delved into the market much yet. PRO Zoom Camera 5X appeals. Anyone tried it?
      Camera 360 Pro for fun?? Photoshop Express for android looks to be a must.. thanks!
      David

David Haworth
      Participant

I’ve got a HTC desire android and haven’t delved into the market much yet. PRO Zoom Camera 5X appeals. Anyone tried it?
      Camera 360 Pro for fun?? Photoshop Express for android looks to be a must.. thanks!
      David

I have the photoshop app. I also have Photopad and HDRforFree and DashofColor which are fun.

I have the photoshop app. I also have Photopad and HDRforFree and DashofColor which are fun.

John McGarity
      Participant

Theres an HDR app for the iPhone? What do you think of the Photoshop App? Is it enough for you? It does well enough at the basics, but I expected a little more in terms of manual adjustment tools I guess…

John McGarity
      Participant

Theres an HDR app for the iPhone? What do you think of the Photoshop App? Is it enough for you? It does well enough at the basics, but I expected a little more in terms of manual adjustment tools I guess…

Tyler Ng
      Participant

i’ve got instagram, photoshop express, tiltshiftgen, quadcam and a korean app called “pudding cam”

my fav is to snap with tiltshiftgen then upload with instagram 🙂

Tyler Ng
      Participant

i’ve got instagram, photoshop express, tiltshiftgen, quadcam and a korean app called “pudding cam”

my fav is to snap with tiltshiftgen then upload with instagram 🙂

Jason Smith
      Participant

Camera+ was a great app but unfortunately it got pulled from the App Store by Apple due to a hack that allowed you to use the volume buttons for the camera.
      I bought it before it was taken off the app store. It’s a great app with some really useful shooting and editing features in it.
      Best Camera, Hipstamatic, and QuadCamera are some other great ones.

Jason Smith
      Participant

Camera+ was a great app but unfortunately it got pulled from the App Store by Apple due to a hack that allowed you to use the volume buttons for the camera.
      I bought it before it was taken off the app store. It’s a great app with some really useful shooting and editing features in it.
      Best Camera, Hipstamatic, and QuadCamera are some other great ones.

Astaroth
      Participant

I try don’t use my mobile cam. I always carry at least a compact camera, with better quality.

Often is inevitable use it. This is the software that I have in my NOKIA 5800 (Symbian):

*Autorama: for make panoramic photos.
      *Hiperfocal: an automatic hiperfocal distance calculator.
      *Location Tagger: for locate geographically the photos by GPS.

Astaroth
      Participant

I try don’t use my mobile cam. I always carry at least a compact camera, with better quality.

Often is inevitable use it. This is the software that I have in my NOKIA 5800 (Symbian):

*Autorama: for make panoramic photos.
      *Hiperfocal: an automatic hiperfocal distance calculator.
      *Location Tagger: for locate geographically the photos by GPS.

@astaroth – there are some groups on Flickr dedicated to iphone photography. They produce better stuff than I thought would be possible. I still prefer a decent camera, but I don’t give up on a camera phone so much anymore.

@astaroth – there are some groups on Flickr dedicated to iphone photography. They produce better stuff than I thought would be possible. I still prefer a decent camera, but I don’t give up on a camera phone so much anymore.

Astaroth
      Participant

@admin – Yes, I’ve seen good works with mobile cams, but I feel frustrated when I try use it.

NOKIA 5800’s cam has a plastic cover that I think that causes a lost of sharpen. I have less megapixels in mobile cam and everything is automatic…

My compact camera isn’t very heavy and makes better photos :)!

Astaroth
      Participant

@admin – Yes, I’ve seen good works with mobile cams, but I feel frustrated when I try use it.

NOKIA 5800’s cam has a plastic cover that I think that causes a lost of sharpen. I have less megapixels in mobile cam and everything is automatic…

My compact camera isn’t very heavy and makes better photos :)!

Practicing with bad equipment makes you a better photographer 😉

It makes composition and natural light much more important.

Practicing with bad equipment makes you a better photographer 😉

It makes composition and natural light much more important.

Pere Ferrer
      Participant

@astaroth It exists a group dedicated to mobile phones or lower mpx cams, maybe you have see it, I’ve a Nokia 5800, witouth specific software, a pic is a pic 😉

Pere Ferrer
      Participant

@astaroth It exists a group dedicated to mobile phones or lower mpx cams, maybe you have see it, I’ve a Nokia 5800, witouth specific software, a pic is a pic 😉

Astaroth
      Participant

@pefema : Yes, I’ve seen that group :)! But usually I don’t use mobile cam… I only use It when I’m going to upload the photo only to social networks (ex, funny pics for Facebook, no “good photos”), because of the integration “mobile-Internet”.

@admin : First of all I have to learn photography basics :p! When I would be an expert, I will experiment with harder stuff :p!

Astaroth
      Participant

@pefema : Yes, I’ve seen that group :)! But usually I don’t use mobile cam… I only use It when I’m going to upload the photo only to social networks (ex, funny pics for Facebook, no “good photos”), because of the integration “mobile-Internet”.

@admin : First of all I have to learn photography basics :p! When I would be an expert, I will experiment with harder stuff :p!

Haha, I’ve seen your photos. I think you’re past “beginner” 😉

Haha, I’ve seen your photos. I think you’re past “beginner” 😉

Carol H
      Participant

I’ve only got the LG GW620 (STILL waiting for a firmware upgrade from android 1.6 but hey-ho) and not that impressed with the camera – used to get much better shots on my old Sony k800i. However, the one advantage is the apps. So far I’ve got Photoshop Express and fxcam but I’ll definitely be checking out some of the other apps mentioned here.

This is probably my favourite from the fxcam (symmetricam option): http://www.flickr.com/photos/7889951@N07/4871027853

Carol H
      Participant

I’ve only got the LG GW620 (STILL waiting for a firmware upgrade from android 1.6 but hey-ho) and not that impressed with the camera – used to get much better shots on my old Sony k800i. However, the one advantage is the apps. So far I’ve got Photoshop Express and fxcam but I’ll definitely be checking out some of the other apps mentioned here.

This is probably my favourite from the fxcam (symmetricam option): http://www.flickr.com/photos/7889951@N07/4871027853

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.