Piano Art

• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 3wk, 3d ago by 3pco.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Lenny Wollitz
      Participant

I shot this with a pocket camera in low light.  ISO 6400  suggestions?

Anne Hornsby
      Participant

Lenny, did you by any chance shoot this in color then convert to B&W?  If so, it would be helpful to see a color version.  In B&W the artists’s hair blends into the background and the headless body blends into the sheet music.   But cool image of artist at work!

Federico Alegria
      Participant

In general terms, just a bit of crouching for the next time mate, high point of view isn’t as pleasing as a lower one could have been.

About the shot, do you happen to have a wider crop of it or this is it? The slight hand-chopping makes me nervous, but that’s all. Overall, the photograph is interesting, and it tells a curious story, which makes all the technicalities become less important right away 😃.

beth
      Participant

topaz denoise is pretty good, but i don’t know if it’ll save this one.  the right side looks pretty good but it looks like the details are just gone on the left.

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

An unusual scene for sure – it’s pity that you had only your pocket camera with you. I’m not sure if it’s possible to remove the noise since ISO 6400 is a lot for this type of camera…

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Hi Lenny, with a smaller sensor and low light, I think this setting was needed to get the shot. Not sure if you already tried to remove noise, if not, you could work with some denoise tools as Beth has advised and see how it turns out. You could alternatively do a “film look” edit on the original image too and see how it turns out 🙂

Lenny Wollitz
      Participant

I used Topaz Denoise and this is the result, not very good.  Oh well, they have a wall art competition here every year in June, canceled this year.  I will try again with a better camera and flash next time.  I think I was up against a wall so nothing wider.

Petr Nowak
      Participant

As Anne has said: hair blends into background, color version may have better separation.

3pco
      Participant

Hi Lenny

Here’s a thought. Anne’s right that the hair blends into the dark screen, but there are some highlights in the screen itself, and by dodging them you can frame the head to make it more distinct: 

Also, I use a de-noising sw called neat image. I don’t know how it compares to topaz, but maybe someone here has an opinion.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author