- October 1, 2019 at 8:57 pm #420793
- October 1, 2019 at 9:57 pm #420797Robert AppleModerator
Got nothing to improve it. 😀
- October 2, 2019 at 1:33 am #420817
- October 1, 2019 at 11:20 pm #420809bethParticipant
it feels just a little too dark to me. you do have all of the tones from black to white in there, but i bet if you looked at the histogram it would be skewed left. brighten up the midtones a tiny bit and show off some of the details on the road, rocks and mountains. you could even do it selectively to highlight the best features of the landscape.
- October 2, 2019 at 1:33 am #420816
Thanks Beth! I did a bit of that, and will add more.
- October 3, 2019 at 12:57 am #420900MistyisleParticipant
Great stuff, Bruce. To me the centre of interest, are the two rocks and fence, plus the road. The hedge to the right hardly contributes at all, plus there is so much of it. I would crop out some (half?) of the hedge area.
- October 3, 2019 at 10:18 pm #420979
I’m thinking of a different crop, but I’m struggling with keeping the cloud tops…
- October 4, 2019 at 6:07 am #420984JasenkaGKeymaster
Clouds look wonderful here, such a beautiful shot! I agree with Beth about the midtones – I would brighten them up a bit.
- October 4, 2019 at 11:13 pm #421052
Thanks Jasenka! I’m giving it a shot. 🙂
- October 4, 2019 at 8:51 pm #421039
- October 4, 2019 at 8:53 pm #421040
Tried to brighten it a bit, but not sure it is an improvement. Great sky for B&W.
- October 4, 2019 at 8:58 pm #421041
Whoops. I thought I was commenting under my version, but my comments appeared as a tag. Not sure how to edit that out. (for some reason my version seems to have a yellow cast as I was trying to adjust colors)
- October 4, 2019 at 10:22 pm #421050
Possibly burn the grass on the right. I want my eyes to go along the road, but that grass keeps drawing them.
- October 4, 2019 at 10:26 pm #421051Steve WalkerParticipant
I went to an Anselm Adams exhibit once and was shocked at how dark the photos were. I really like the dark mood in the clouds. The land is a trifle dark but just a trifle.
- October 4, 2019 at 11:14 pm #421054
- October 5, 2019 at 4:06 pm #421128
I, too, agree about the grass. Keep it darker for more detail.
- October 5, 2019 at 8:22 pm #421149
- October 9, 2019 at 7:03 pm #421435Federico AlegriaParticipant
I really like Frank’s version.
- October 10, 2019 at 7:31 pm #421478
I also just noticed you lost some of the shadows (mid way up on the far left).
- October 16, 2019 at 12:16 am #422055
I see it too, and will pop them up a bit…
- October 11, 2019 at 8:07 pm #421535FalxyParticipant
as said,too dark…………..lacking detail
but loving the composition…………all important! 🙂
- October 16, 2019 at 12:15 am #422054
Thanks Flaxy! I working on lightening it now.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.