- April 6, 2020 at 8:47 am #437623
This week the Guest Judge for the POTW was Robert Apple.
Its been a challenging week for most folks being trapped inside, for most a lot of boredom, I don’t know what I would do with my self, In my line of work I an considered an essential service, I repair some equipment for different government agencies as well as essential equipment for farming and ranching, But for others, it has pushed some into some creative photography, which is a good thing.
My choice for the photo of the week was born of the quarantine, by her own description “here’s what I do when I’m bored”.
As a general rule, photos of other humans don’t catch my attention all that often, but this was one of two that did, in fact, it was a hard choice between them.
I’m not going to direct all the technical reasons why either of them works for me, they just do, and sometimes isn’t that enough?
It’s also not the general rule that a moderator of the site gets chosen for this honor, quite the opposite, but damn.
My choice for photo of the week is Jasenka’s beautifully executed self-portrait “here’s what I do when I’m bored” and when she’s not keeping this forum up and running.
And, I am compelled to mention its competitor that caused me a great deal of stress choosing between them. From the man who usually judges this honor. From our own Kent DuFault. ” Window Light ” (We will post a link to this photo below.)
- April 6, 2020 at 8:48 am #437626
- April 6, 2020 at 9:13 am #437634JasenkaGKeymaster
Thanks for POTW, Robert!
- April 6, 2020 at 9:56 am #437635Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
Congratulations Jasenka on POTW. Very creative and love the dramatic mood 🙂
- April 6, 2020 at 10:06 am #437642John ThompsonModerator
Congrats Jasenka! Lovely photo of a lovely woman.
- April 6, 2020 at 11:25 am #437654
- April 6, 2020 at 11:55 am #437660Dave WatkinsParticipant
Great choice Robert. Beautiful self portrait Jasenka. Congratulations on POTW.
- April 6, 2020 at 12:06 pm #437670John TeateParticipant
Congrats Jasenka on POTW, a wonderful image born of boredom 🙂
- April 6, 2020 at 12:13 pm #437675bucweeetParticipant
Great image Jasenka! I really like the mood it portrays!
- April 6, 2020 at 12:55 pm #437698Lenny WollitzParticipant
very nice, congratsf!
- April 6, 2020 at 1:23 pm #437709ElinLParticipant
Two superb portraits of beautiful ladies, how could you choose otherwise Robert ? Not that there was a reason to.
Congrats Jasenka on well deserved POTW. Kent, the portrait of your wife is a classic, a pleasure to see every time you post it.
- April 6, 2020 at 2:17 pm #437714PatrickParticipant
Many Thanks Robert well chosen winners mate , cheers 😉
Congratulations on POTW Jasenka very lovely photo you created 😉
Super work Kent another lovely photo congratulations 😉
- April 6, 2020 at 2:30 pm #437724Rob EyersParticipant
Both great choices Robert. Somehow I missed them both so good to see them here.
Jasenka the way you placed the shadow over your eye is a lovely touch. Congratulations on POTW.
Kent this is a wonderful image of your wife.
- April 6, 2020 at 2:44 pm #437726TershaKeymaster
Congrats on POTW Jasenka, beautiful self-portrait!
And a beautiful portrait of your wife, Kent!
Both great choices Robert.
- April 6, 2020 at 3:57 pm #437756FrogdailyParticipant
Congratulations Jasenka on POTW and Kent for your beautiful portrait of your wife, both lovely photos.
- April 6, 2020 at 4:06 pm #437761chris pookParticipant
Great photographs both, a difficult choice indeed. Good work in the execution and the selection though. 🙂
- April 6, 2020 at 5:23 pm #437771Erik FransmanParticipant
Congratulations Jasenka. Your image is definitely worth POTW.
Kent, I love your image if your wife too. Also congratulations.
- April 6, 2020 at 7:06 pm #437790
Hey, Robert! Thanks for the mention!
- April 7, 2020 at 3:06 am #437859BobbieParticipant
Janeska and Kent – 2 great choices Robert. Both portraits caught my attention when I saw them in the weekend forum.
Congrats to both of you!
- April 7, 2020 at 6:29 am #437867Graham HartParticipant
Fabulous pic and well deserved winner of POTW. Great choice Robert. I can see how it must have been a difficult choice Robert because both images make wonderful use of light and shade to frame the alluring charm of two lovely ladies.
- April 7, 2020 at 6:36 am #437868Joe JenkinsParticipant
- April 8, 2020 at 7:30 pm #438054MistyisleParticipant
Congrats, Jasenka, something different and a refreshing departure from the norm!
Also, well done, Kent, a unique take!
- April 9, 2020 at 1:34 am #438069LeanneCParticipant
Great images both of you. Congrats on POTW Jasenka!
- April 10, 2020 at 7:51 am #438265Sanjeev NandaParticipant
Couldn’t help but smile! really loving the composition and blocking on this one. Truly deserving of a winning title.
- April 10, 2020 at 8:55 am #438278
I’m curious. What is blocking?
- April 13, 2020 at 6:18 am #438563Sanjeev NandaParticipant
One could even call it an awareness of “Silhouettes” within a shot. It comes from film-making, but has it’s uses in comic books, paintings, and even photography.
I have come to admire the dramatization in silhouettes a great deal recently. They subliminally help one in grasping the eye’s full attention, without the viewer even being aware they’re being ‘reeled in’ (sorry for the pun right there)
- April 11, 2020 at 6:46 am #438352Petr NowakParticipant
Congratulations Jasenka on POTW !
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.