POTW – August 26, 2019

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat POTW – August 26, 2019

This topic contains 19 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Frogdaily 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Kent DuFault
    Participant

There was just a lot of really good photography uploaded this last week, especially in the weekend challenges.

Two photographers, in particular really caught my eye. They were Frogdaily and P71.

As you can see, I have chosen Frogdaily’s magnificent image titled “WaterDrops” for the POTW.

There is something about this shot that is really special. Sure, it is a technical achievement. But, it also has some… hard to describe… special quality.

Here is what I wrote under the posted picture, and I really think it quantifies my feelings about the photograph.

“This looks unearthly. It could be anything from a microscopic biological organism all the way to an interstellar galaxy. Great shot!”

It truly is a winning photograph in my perspective. Congratulations Frogdaily (a.k.a. Belinda.)

Now let’s talk about Pat. Man! He was on fire this last week. There were two images that he uploaded that were technically well done and also crossed the line into artistic achievement.

I’ll post links to these two pictures below.

Also, if you haven’t done so already- check out the Weekend Photography Challenge #449 Abstract. You’ll be blown away by the fantastic photography!

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Kent DuFault.

Kent DuFault
    Participant

P71
    Participant

Thanks Kent , Tersha , David ,Robert .. for each weeks topics .. love it folks

Congratulations Frogdaily , i loved your beautiful work instantly and a very well deserved POTW with it .. an absolute cracker piece to share with us all 😉 thank you.

You have me blushing Kent .. my face is on fire too lol … thanks very much for such lovely comments , they help keep my drive to improve my understanding of this wonderful craft.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  P71.

Dave Watkins
    Participant

Kudos Belinda for the technical ability to make such a beautiful image. And beyond that for me it’s just a pleasure to look at. Reminded me of something, maybe a tree or an umbrella, I might see in a Dr. Seuss book.  🙂

John Thompson

Congrats Mrs. Frog!  Great capture.  I agree with Dave that it is something you might see in Dr. Seuss.  Plus it has a sort of IR quality to it.  Kudos to you, Patrick, as well.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  John Thompson.

Rob Eyers
    Participant

It’s not that long ago you were asking David about water drop photography Belinda. This image really is stunning. Your choice of lighting and fluid have artfully created a real winner! Congrats to you.

Nice to see you getting recognition too Pat. Pretty cool for your first outing with a new technique.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Wow! Congratulations Belinda on POTW 🙂

Tobie

Lovely shot Frogs, well done!

Tersha
    Keymaster

Lovely shot Frog, and well-deserved POTW!
    Patrick, congrats on the mention, both good shots!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Tersha.

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Belina and Pat, congratulations. Great images.

Stunning shot, Frog.

Frogdaily
    Participant

Ok Wow! It was such a pleasant surprise to see my WaterDrop photo as POTW! Thank you so much Kent, you made my day!

Thank you Everyone for your kind words it means so much to me!

P71 – love your images – congratulations

P71
    Participant

Super work Frogdaily and thank you .. and all for the lovely comments 😉

Graham Hart
    Participant

Congratulations Belinda on a truly outstanding POTW. I get an oriental vibe from it…perhaps fom the chinese hat shape and the gentle curve of a very slim Geisha.

Pictures like this are like gifts to those of us who have yet to delve into the craftsmanship involved in creating such wonderful images. Thank you for the joy of it.

PS: for some reason I always thought Frogdaily was a male moniker?

Congrats Patrick too. Great creativity in your images mate!

P71
      Participant

Thanking you mate , much appreciated.

LeanneC
    Participant

Super images both of you! Pat – you are making me want to get the steel wool out! Fantastic image. And Belinda – the water drop image is just gorgeous. “Otherworldly” is a great way to describe it.

P71
      Participant

Thank you very much Leanne , LS and the community as a whole i need to thank for all the feedback , tips , and banter without you all i would still be thinking about what camera to buy 😉

Thanks everyone for all the kind comments for both Frogdaily and myself.

Frogdaily
    Participant

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words … definitely has made my day

Jasenka G
    Participant

Absolutely stunning! Well-deserved POTW 🙂

Frogdaily
    Participant

Thank you all for your kind comments!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.