POTW – February 3, 2020

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat POTW – February 3, 2020

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Kent DuFault
      Participant

This week our Guest Judge for the POTW was Mistyisle a.k.a. Jim. Here is what he had to say… (Jim’s selection was slightly outside the upload period for judging. But as he went to the effort- we are going to allow his selection for this POTW.)

To me clearly the most outstanding photo of the week was Larry Kreger’s impressionist study – uploaded into the WeekendPhotography Challenge #471 Red – Reply #429892. The fact of there being a number of reds with the umbrella as a starting point, leading the eye through the pic is great. It could very easily hang on a wall. The blur is marvelous.

Also, “Pokey Thingies”, by Robert Apple, has great balance and impact. If they are the plant that I think they are, then they only blossom for about a week, if that, and not every year. (We will post a link to “Pokie Thingies” below.

Kent DuFault
      Participant

“Pokey Thingies” by Robert Apple

Patrick
      Participant

Thanks a lot Kent and many thanks Mistyisle for your time going over everyone’s work very appreciated mate.

Congratulations on POTW Larry  , well worked photo mate 🙂

Great job and well done Robert , i enjoyed this photo.

Well done each and all lots of great takes on the theme.

Rob Eyers
      Participant

Congratulations Larry. This one stood out to me as well. An interesting and creative approach to the PP.

Congrats to you too Robert.

Pat Garrett
      Participant

Congrat’s Larry on POTW; really like the effect you achieved. And well done to you also, Robert.

Federico Alegria
      Participant

I’m totally on you with this one mate!!!

Intentional blurring is quite hard to achieve in a pleasing way, and this is perhaps one of the best examples I’ve seen in my life! Especially because that “impressionist” vibe is one of the high aims when doing intentional blur, and this is simply a contemporary impressionist piece of of work. Thanks for sharing this!

Congrats @ljkreger

Tersha
      Keymaster

Really good choices Jim!
      Congrats Larry on POTW, brilliant shot!
      And Robert, I loved ‘Pokey Things’ when I first saw it!

Robert Apple

Nice choice Jim
      Congrats to Larry on POTW on a unique and engaging shot.
      And thanks for he mention on ‘Pokey Thingies’ , and you are right Jim on the blossoms, this was taken during an off road excursion to the  Salt River in Arizona, about 25% of the Giant Yuccas there were blooming and the game ranger we ran into said we were lucky to see this as it had been 5 years since the last time they bloomed.

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

Congrats on POTW, Larry! This image was definitely my favorite from the last week.

Petr Nowak
      Participant

Congrats Larry on POTW. Marvelous image. Impressionistic loook with red color spots is amazing.

John Teate
      Participant

Excellent choice for POTW, congrats Larry!

Nicely done Robert with pokey things.

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Two fine choices Mistyisle.

Congratulations Larry. A beautiful work of art. Very creative.

And a thumbs up for Robert and his Pokie Thingies as well.

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Looks like a painting. Congratulations Larry on POTW 🙂

Graham Hart
      Participant

Love this pic – great choice. The blur enhances the inclement weather and does indeed give this a painterly feel. Congrats Larry on POTW.

Your Yukka shot is so busy with texture and tone Robert. We have a different type of Yukka in our front yard but the flowers look remarkably similar and also only appear infrequently for a short period of time. Another great choice.

Hard one to beat. Well done.

LeanneC
      Participant

Great choice! Congrats on POTW Larry. And great image, Robert.

Tom M
      Participant

Agree, definitely liked the impressionist feel to this one. A rather unusual photo, one we don’t see very often here, with everyone striving for the sharpest photos possible…

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar