Tagged: @admin @tersha @ljkreger
- February 3, 2020 at 12:48 pm #430657Kent DuFaultParticipant
This week our Guest Judge for the POTW was Mistyisle a.k.a. Jim. Here is what he had to say… (Jim’s selection was slightly outside the upload period for judging. But as he went to the effort- we are going to allow his selection for this POTW.)
To me clearly the most outstanding photo of the week was Larry Kreger’s impressionist study – uploaded into the WeekendPhotography Challenge #471 Red – Reply #429892. The fact of there being a number of reds with the umbrella as a starting point, leading the eye through the pic is great. It could very easily hang on a wall. The blur is marvelous.
Also, “Pokey Thingies”, by Robert Apple, has great balance and impact. If they are the plant that I think they are, then they only blossom for about a week, if that, and not every year. (We will post a link to “Pokie Thingies” below.
- February 3, 2020 at 12:49 pm #430658
- February 3, 2020 at 1:31 pm #430666PatrickParticipant
Thanks a lot Kent and many thanks Mistyisle for your time going over everyone’s work very appreciated mate.
Congratulations on POTW Larry , well worked photo mate 🙂
Great job and well done Robert , i enjoyed this photo.
Well done each and all lots of great takes on the theme.
- February 3, 2020 at 1:52 pm #430669Rob EyersParticipant
Congratulations Larry. This one stood out to me as well. An interesting and creative approach to the PP.
Congrats to you too Robert.
- February 3, 2020 at 2:02 pm #430670Pat GarrettParticipant
Congrat’s Larry on POTW; really like the effect you achieved. And well done to you also, Robert.
- February 3, 2020 at 3:05 pm #430675Federico AlegriaParticipant
I’m totally on you with this one mate!!!
Intentional blurring is quite hard to achieve in a pleasing way, and this is perhaps one of the best examples I’ve seen in my life! Especially because that “impressionist” vibe is one of the high aims when doing intentional blur, and this is simply a contemporary impressionist piece of of work. Thanks for sharing this!
- February 3, 2020 at 3:19 pm #430681TershaKeymaster
Really good choices Jim!
Congrats Larry on POTW, brilliant shot!
And Robert, I loved ‘Pokey Things’ when I first saw it!
- February 3, 2020 at 5:47 pm #430688Robert AppleModerator
Nice choice Jim
Congrats to Larry on POTW on a unique and engaging shot.
And thanks for he mention on ‘Pokey Thingies’ , and you are right Jim on the blossoms, this was taken during an off road excursion to the Salt River in Arizona, about 25% of the Giant Yuccas there were blooming and the game ranger we ran into said we were lucky to see this as it had been 5 years since the last time they bloomed.
- February 4, 2020 at 6:02 am #430741JasenkaGKeymaster
Congrats on POTW, Larry! This image was definitely my favorite from the last week.
- February 4, 2020 at 8:11 am #430747Petr NowakParticipant
Congrats Larry on POTW. Marvelous image. Impressionistic loook with red color spots is amazing.
- February 4, 2020 at 9:19 am #430751John TeateParticipant
Excellent choice for POTW, congrats Larry!
Nicely done Robert with pokey things.
- February 4, 2020 at 10:30 am #430757Dave WatkinsParticipant
Two fine choices Mistyisle.
Congratulations Larry. A beautiful work of art. Very creative.
And a thumbs up for Robert and his Pokie Thingies as well.
- February 4, 2020 at 11:26 am #430761Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
Looks like a painting. Congratulations Larry on POTW 🙂
- February 4, 2020 at 9:33 pm #430802Graham HartParticipant
Love this pic – great choice. The blur enhances the inclement weather and does indeed give this a painterly feel. Congrats Larry on POTW.
Your Yukka shot is so busy with texture and tone Robert. We have a different type of Yukka in our front yard but the flowers look remarkably similar and also only appear infrequently for a short period of time. Another great choice.
- February 6, 2020 at 9:52 pm #430958Rob Wood (Admin)Keymaster
Hard one to beat. Well done.
- February 7, 2020 at 12:47 am #430989LeanneCParticipant
Great choice! Congrats on POTW Larry. And great image, Robert.
- February 8, 2020 at 4:34 pm #431111Tom MParticipant
Agree, definitely liked the impressionist feel to this one. A rather unusual photo, one we don’t see very often here, with everyone striving for the sharpest photos possible…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.