- May 1, 2017 at 9:54 am #297798Kent DuFaultParticipant
This week, the selection of the POTW was a very difficult decision. Under the thread, “Throwdown – Lightpainting”, David Chesterfield is taking this photographic artform to new and amazing levels. These images are definitely worthy of the POTW. However, I feel like he is only to going to keep producing better and better photographs with his techniques. Plus, he won with his light painting once already. So David, GREAT IMAGES, but I went a different direction, but be aware, I’m very impressed. I can’t wait to see what you come up with next. There were quite a few really interesting shots uploaded into the “silhouettes” thread started by Tersha. There was one shot entered by Carolyn that was quite visually captivating. However, the shot that really caught my eye the most was by Gordon James- of the busker sitting in the shadows. Every element of the shot came together in a way that told an excellent story. Also, while following the guidelines of being a silhouette, there were just enough foreground details to take the shot from being somewhat ordinary- to a really captivating moment. Congratulations to Gordon James.
- May 1, 2017 at 9:56 am #297799Kent DuFaultParticipant
David Chesterfield – amazing light painting shots. https://www.lightstalking.us/forums/topic/throwdown-lightpainting/
- May 1, 2017 at 11:19 am #297806Gordon JamesParticipant
That came as a bit of a surprise, Kent! Refreshed a page and suddenly this was in the margin! Many thanks.
- May 1, 2017 at 4:20 pm #297815TershaKeymaster
Really good shot, love it! Congrats Gordon on POTW!
- May 2, 2017 at 2:48 am #297841ElinLParticipant
Great image Gordon. Congrats on POTW !
- May 3, 2017 at 4:42 am #297876VALERYParticipant
Real eye catcher with a story-congrats!
- May 3, 2017 at 8:29 am #297900Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
That’s a really good image Gordon. Congratulations on POTW 🙂
- May 3, 2017 at 4:15 pm #297911Erik FransmanParticipant
Very nice Gorden. Congratulations. Good choice Kent.
- May 5, 2017 at 5:21 am #298052MistyisleParticipant
Great use of light, congratulations, Gordon! 🙂
- May 6, 2017 at 5:19 am #298117Gordon JamesParticipant
Thank you all – very kind comments.
The shot has a bit of a story behind it, as it came from a rare shoot with Canon’s wonderful 70-200 f2.8. A shoot that produced a very high ratio of ‘keepers’. Quite apart from the silhouette element, I was struck with the various shades of orange-brown in the original; chair, guitar, fallen leaves, stone. I then tried to harmonise these by desaturating the orange tones then re-toning the whole image with a buff-coloured highlight tone. This is the result.
- May 11, 2017 at 9:28 am #298553BobbieParticipant
I’m happy Gordon! As you know I really liked this as soon as I saw it in the challenge forum. Sorry about the timing – I’m a little behind on things and just saw this now.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.