POTW – November 11, 2019

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat POTW – November 11, 2019

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Kent DuFault
      Participant

This week our Guest Judge for the POTW was Preston.

“Talk about a difficult task of choosing POTW since everyone posted spectacular photos.  I had my mind made up pretty much for several days until one picture blew me out of the water.

Photo of the Week goes to Charmaine Joubert for her untitled picture posted in the Weekend Challenge “Black & White”.

I’m drawn in by the contrast between the background and the Leopard’s lightly colored fur, along with the crispness of every detail.  So crisp in fact, I’d dare say it’s a composite between a Leopard and the tree.  And if it is, I can’t see any editing missteps between light and shadows to a misplaced piece of fur.

I also like the choice of processing to eliminate all additional background elements, showcasing an animal that relies on stealth and camouflage to survive.  The eye-level perspective is impressive as well, creating a bond between the viewer and the photo that makes me think I can reach out and pet the Leopard.

Charmaine provides a view of a beautiful creature I’ve only experienced through Animal Planet shows, until now.  The post-processing on this image is top-notch.

Overall, this photo makes me feel that I’m looking at a live animal, especially in the eyes.  They are perfectly captured to convey a feeling that the animal is pondering something.  I wonder what it’s looking for? Is it a meal, another photographer, a red laser pointer? Not Charmaine, since the eyes appear to gaze right over her right shoulder.  I guess we will never know, but I sure want to find out!

I went into this week of judging thinking, “What photo would I want to hang on my office wall and look at every day?” This one is it.  Congratulations on Photo of the Week Charmaine!”

-PB

John Teate
      Participant

Congratulations Charmaine this is really a special image, super awesome!

Petr Nowak
      Participant

Congratulations Charmaine !

Gray B
      Participant

Charmaine, we all hope you continue to treat us with your outstanding work. 👏🏼

Dave Watkins
      Participant

In my opinion a strong contender for Picture of the Year. Fantastic image Charmaine. Congratulations on POTW.

ElinL
      Participant

Congratulations on well deserved POTW Charmaine ! Can I ask where this photo was taken ?

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by ElinL.
        Charmaine Joubert
        Participant

Hi Elin. The image was taken in Kruger National Park.

Robert Apple

Congrats on well deserved POTW Charmaine

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Amazing picture Charmaine and congratulations on POTW 🙂

Tersha
      Keymaster

Wonderful photo Charmaine, congrats on a well deserved POTW!

P71
      Participant

A photo of the highest order IMHO Congratulations Charmaine on POTW.

Fantastic write up Preston enjoyed reading.

Thank you Kent.

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Just perfect! Congratulations.

Rob Eyers
      Participant

Congratulations Charmaine! Very well done.

beth
      Participant

congrats charmaine!  excellent photo!

Charmaine Joubert
      Participant

Wow, thank you so much. Thanks for all the lovely comments and thank you Preston for the lovely write up.

Frogdaily
      Participant

Superb photo Charmaine! Congratulations on POTW

Bobbie
      Participant

Wonderful choice Preston.

Charmaine, your images always impress me and many of them deserving of POTW. So glad this got it!

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

Congrats on POTW Charmaine!

Bruce Gordon
      Participant

Well deserved Charmaine! Congrats!

Graham Hart
      Participant

Congratulations Charmaine. A fabulous image and outstanding PP work. The tonal balance is spot on and the subject’s pose couldn’t be bettered by an art director 🙂

Stunning as usual @joubie

Tom M
      Participant

Congrats Charmaine. This photo is exceptional in so many levels…

Charmaine Joubert
      Participant

Thank you once again for all the lovely comments, I really do appreciate the kind words.

Pat Garrett
      Participant

Well deserved!

Falxy
      Participant

Charmaine it hit me as so good as to look for faults………………the more i view the more i love…………………..absolutely beautiful! 🙂

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.