Tagged: @admin @tersha @elinl
- October 28, 2019 at 11:17 am #423292
You’all are submitting too many fantastic pictures. I can’t pick. No POTW this week!
(Just kidding! I have to pick one) Seriously though, I can’t even do a runner-up list there are just to many amazing shots this week.
The POTW goes to Elin for her detailed character study and perfectly executed photograph titled, “Grunge”.
Would one doubt it, if they were told that this photograph were taken by the most recognized staff photographer over at National Geographic Magazine?
It’s that good.
It’s a special shot and most certainly worth of praise here and anywhere else she would like to display it. (Hint. Hint. Award winner Elin!)
I’m sorry to all of the others who uploaded amazing work this past week (specifically but not limited to: Rob Eyers, Chris Pook, Graham Hart, Tom, and Diane (aka Tersha).
It was very tight coming to this decision.
- October 28, 2019 at 11:35 am #423298
Many thanks for your work Kent always appreciated.
Congratulations Elin , well shot and well deserved POTW ..Nice one ;).
Nice work to all that submitted work .. loads of talented photographers.
- October 28, 2019 at 12:14 pm #423318
- October 28, 2019 at 12:29 pm #423321
This image is definitely a notch above Elin. Congratulations to you. Well deserved!
Thanks for the shout out Kent.
- October 28, 2019 at 1:42 pm #423329
Wonderful image, I hadn’t seen it…it has been hard keeping up lately bc there are so many great photographers here!
- October 28, 2019 at 1:43 pm #423331
Congratulations on POTW Elin 🙂
- October 28, 2019 at 4:43 pm #423346
Congrats on POTW Elin, wonderful image, well deserved!
- October 28, 2019 at 5:57 pm #423359
Many congrats Dr. Elin!
- October 28, 2019 at 7:50 pm #423364
- October 28, 2019 at 10:33 pm #423371
nice one elin, congrats!
- October 29, 2019 at 12:12 am #423376
- October 29, 2019 at 9:22 am #423404
Congrats Elin, wonderful shot and definitely POTW
- October 29, 2019 at 11:14 am #423446
Congrats Elin, this was definitely my favorite image from the last week 🙂
- October 29, 2019 at 12:53 pm #423454
Thanks Kent for the choice and your so very heartwarming praise. The question of sending an image like this to a competition is something of a dilemma: It is a very private sphere – the reason why I can take it is because I am a part of the gang. The guys trust that I will not violate their privacy, and even posting it here without their consent is on the verge of betrayal. Thank you for your encouragement – I may consider sending it off to a competition if the guys are in on it. Patric, Robert, Rob, Lynne, Dahlia, Diane, John, Lenny, Beth, Charmaine, John and Jasenka, thank you 🙂
- October 29, 2019 at 7:24 pm #423494
Great shot Elin. Congratulations. I am sure the guys in the picture will be in on it to enter it in competitions. It’s a celebration of their work and it breathes a fantastic atmosphere.
- October 29, 2019 at 11:45 pm #423516
Congratulations Elin on a well deserved POTW award. There’s something about this pic which somehow crosses over from the photography world to the art world. It has a renaissancerly feel to it (I made that word up) and as Erik so perfectly points out, it simply breathes atmosphere. So much so that I can almost breathe and smell the environment myself. Get your pals approval about entering into comps and go for it!
- October 30, 2019 at 2:11 am #423525
Excellent choice among many great images this week. I love this photo and I still think that man on the left is casting a spell! Congrats Elin! Great job.
- October 31, 2019 at 7:10 am #423658
Thanks Erik, Graham and Leanne.
That Jon appears to be casting a spell is not so far from the truth, Leanne. He is choosing who is to live and who is to die.
- October 31, 2019 at 7:32 am #423659
- October 31, 2019 at 12:24 pm #423688
Congratulations Elin, very good shot, very ‘In the Moment’. I know what you mean about privacy. I’d hope they would be supportive of you, if you asked. Well done once again, a worthy winner!
- October 31, 2019 at 12:54 pm #423698
Great image, Elin! Well deserved recognition!
- October 31, 2019 at 10:46 pm #423725
Marvellous, Elin, it has great atmosphere and looks like it is the painting of one of the “old masters”. Congratulations, indeed!
- November 1, 2019 at 4:11 am #423748
- November 2, 2019 at 9:12 pm #423838
David Tod SigafoosParticipant
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.