- April 1, 2019 at 8:52 pm #398322
I’ve been watching a bunch of documentaries about World War 2 recently and got inspired by the colorization of the film by the producers. I wanted to see how it would look by only taking the color out of the main subjects. The photo was taken at a reactment one of our local towns had to raise funds to restore a vintage Stuart tank
- April 2, 2019 at 12:47 am #398384
Different. Good idea. They kinda look like statues. Run with that idea…
- April 2, 2019 at 9:22 am #398417
I like it too. They really do look like a statue!
- April 2, 2019 at 5:13 pm #398456
Thanks guys! Maybe I’ll add a bit more grain to the people to get more of an old photograph feel rather than a sculpture. It’s still a work in process
- April 2, 2019 at 8:33 pm #398472
I think this treatment worked really well. Like you say it’s a work in progress. Should be fun to keep tweaking the process. Hope to see more in the future.
- April 3, 2019 at 8:00 am #398578
I had another one almost ready to roll last night when I got “snapseed is not responding”. Maybe tonight…
- April 2, 2019 at 10:05 pm #398490
Very cool. It adds something to the theme too I think. At the time, people only saw these guys through B&W television and this treatment places the re-enactors back in that period. Great idea Preston.
- April 3, 2019 at 8:05 am #398579
The funny thing is, it was weird seeing them live in color. I’m so used to b&w for that time period. More to come
- April 2, 2019 at 10:20 pm #398499
Great Idea Preston, love it.
- April 3, 2019 at 8:19 am #398581
Great idea Preston. I like it too and agree with what everyone has said – they look like statues 🙂
- April 3, 2019 at 1:54 pm #398606
Great idea Preston, it reminds me of the final scene in the Sands of Iwo Jima film starring John Wayne.
Sorry showing my age.
- April 4, 2019 at 11:59 am #398762
Don’t worry Stephen, I seek out the older movies so you’re not showing any age with me!
- April 4, 2019 at 5:53 am #398698
Your idea works really great! They indeed look like a statue 🙂
- April 4, 2019 at 12:00 pm #398763
Thanks everyone!! I printed it just to see what would happen, and I think it looks better on paper. I wish you could see it on semi-gloss
- April 5, 2019 at 7:41 pm #398978
just dreadful…………….sry…..bloody awful….oops
in my humble opinion it works not…………but then the eye of the beholder
- April 6, 2019 at 9:46 am #399044
I won’t hold it against you Falxy! Like Ricky Nelson sang, ” ya can’t please everyone, so ya got to please yourself.”
On a side note, I just figured out what your profile picture is…crafty
- April 8, 2019 at 6:02 pm #399405
Well done Preston. For me, it works really well!
That is your image. I am always appalled by the colorization of B&W film by producers. They should lock them up and throw away the key.
- April 11, 2019 at 9:00 pm #400033
Thanks Erik. I couldn’t agree more with you. Some things are not meant to be converted to color
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.