puddle at the ocean

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Renee P
      Participant

Nikkon d7000, SS 1/200, f/22, ISO 800puddle at the ocean

Frank
      Participant

nice B+W, but the grass blocks out too much of the puddle.  Seeing more of the puddle would be interesting.

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

Tonal range of your shot looks pretty good and dramatic but I would probably frame this scene differently, maybe slightly wider.

beth
      Participant

the composition needs some work.  when composing an image i tend to worry less about the rule of thirds and more about what my image is about.  what is the focal point in this image?  can i see it clearly?  are there any clues that make it the focal point (size, leading lines, tones, color which isn’t applicable here, etc..)?

there is a potential leading line here in the small stream on the right side, but it just leads back to nothing.  if the pool is dead center behind the grass then i would tried to make that stream my foreground and pushed the line that way, if that failed i’d look at some of the cracks in the rocks and see if any of them point to the pool.  i’d also try to get the pool in better light, or make it bigger in the frame.

Rob Wood (Admin)
      Keymaster

With @loki on this one – I am not sure where to look – would like to be drawn to a point of interest.

Renee P
      Participant

Is the composition a bit better then the one above?

puddle at the ocean

Rob Wood (Admin)
      Keymaster

Much better imho @reneep

beth
      Participant

yup, much better.  just clean up the dust spots in the sky.

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

Yes, the second image looks much better in terms of composition and also b&w conversion is really great because of the proper tonal range.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author