- July 2, 2019 at 7:07 pm #413145
We went back to the butterfly pavilion in Elkton Oregon yesterday. Hardly any have showed up yet. We saw one Swallowtail and four Painted Ladies. Lots of flowers in bloom though.
- July 2, 2019 at 9:19 pm #413158
well the flowers are certainly beautiful. love the bright pink petals against the green.
- July 3, 2019 at 10:45 am #413216
Thanks Beth. I thought that color combo packs a pretty good punch.
- July 2, 2019 at 9:19 pm #413159
Smashing photo , very vibrant and great details.
Very nice work mate.
- July 3, 2019 at 10:46 am #413217
I appreciate the kind words P71.
- July 3, 2019 at 9:19 am #413205
I really like this one Dave. Very nice.
- July 3, 2019 at 10:47 am #413218
Glad you liked it John. Thank you.
- July 3, 2019 at 9:27 am #413210
Wow! This is beautiful Dave. Loving the colours and the crispness in the image 🙂
- July 3, 2019 at 10:55 am #413219
Thanks Dahlia. They have some beautifully kept gardens at the Elkton Community Education Center. They do a lot of good work doing what they can do help sustain the butterfly population with a focus on the Monarch and Painted Lady.
- July 3, 2019 at 9:30 pm #413279
Stunning clarity and colour Dave. Looks almost other-wordly and I like the way the one pic shows the flowers in at least three different stages of development. The new buds, the first opening and the final flowering. Great shot.
- July 4, 2019 at 10:53 am #413333
Thanks Graham. Your comments always appreciated. After looking at the image again I agree. I can see a kind of other-worldly, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Day of the Triffids look to it. 🙂
- July 4, 2019 at 11:22 am #413338
Lovely shot Dave, I really like the sharpness of the flower and buds against the of background.
- July 5, 2019 at 9:50 am #413430
Thanks Diane. 🙂
- July 5, 2019 at 11:56 am #413513
Fantastic sharpness Dave. The pink on green is purely striking!
- July 5, 2019 at 2:13 pm #413534
Thanks for the comment Preston.
- July 6, 2019 at 12:54 am #413588
I love the just emerging flowers in this a lot Preston…
- July 6, 2019 at 11:25 am #413633
I’m guessing Preston liked them too Tom. 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.