Purple Cone Flower.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Watkins 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author

Dave Watkins
    Participant

We went back to the butterfly pavilion in Elkton Oregon yesterday. Hardly any have showed up yet. We saw one Swallowtail and four Painted Ladies. Lots of flowers in bloom though.

beth
    Participant

well the flowers are certainly beautiful.  love the bright pink petals against the green.

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Thanks Beth. I thought that color combo packs a pretty good punch.

P71
    Participant

Smashing photo , very vibrant and great details.

Very nice work mate.

John Thompson

I really like this one Dave.  Very nice.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Wow! This is beautiful Dave. Loving the colours and the crispness in the image 🙂

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Thanks Dahlia. They have some beautifully kept gardens at the Elkton Community Education Center. They do a lot of good work doing what they can do help sustain the butterfly population with a focus on the Monarch and Painted Lady.

Graham Hart
    Participant

Stunning clarity and colour Dave. Looks almost other-wordly and I like the way the one pic shows the flowers in at least three different stages of development. The new buds, the first opening and the final flowering. Great shot.

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Thanks Graham. Your comments always appreciated. After looking at the image again I agree. I can see a kind of other-worldly, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Day of the Triffids look to it. 🙂

Tersha
    Keymaster

Lovely shot Dave, I really like the sharpness of the flower and buds against the of background.

Preston
    Participant

Fantastic sharpness Dave.  The pink on green is purely striking!

Tom M
    Participant

I love the just emerging flowers in this a lot Preston…

Dave Watkins
      Participant

I’m guessing Preston liked them too Tom.  🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.