Raw Format

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

p.s. I have got to get some better backdrops.

Graham Hart
      Participant

You have a handle on some real cutting edge photography there 🙂

Anonymous

Thank you Graham. Just trying to steak out a niche. 😉

Robert Apple

Guess your mother didn’t teach you not to play with your food.

Anonymous

Oh, But Robert, she did grill me in ethics. 😉

Rob Eyers
      Participant

Oh it’s good you stuck “a round” Craig.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Rob Eyers.
        Anonymous

Thanks Rob. Just taking a stab at it. 😉

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

Is that a ribeye? Looks delicious!

Anonymous

Thank you JasenkaG. It is a “T” Bone. And it was. That’s the problem with this type of imagery. Always end up eating the props, with a baked potato, lots of butter and sour cream, and a glass of beer. Cholesterol be damned. 😉  burp, excuse me….

Lenny Wollitz
      Participant

Craig, your shot has me drooling!

Anonymous

😉 Thank you Lenny

Tom M
      Participant

You cut me up Craig 🙂

Anonymous

Thank you Tom 😉 Just poking fun

Preston
      Participant

I like the concept here Craig.  I often find myself snapping photos in the kitchen.  For some reason food seems inspirational.

I took a stab at a quick edit with some things I think will help.  Firstly I straightened it to make the cutting board level across the back since it’s a prominent line in the picture. I feel it draws focus more to the meat/knife rather than leading the eyes out of the frame.  On the downside, it lost some  of the greens in the lower right with the crop.  Maybe try recomposing the shot to level the board if possible.

Secondly, I did a dodge on the knife blade since it has some fantastic character in the metal and makes the large black area against a white backdrop less noticeable.

Overall though, your sharpness and contrasts between the meat, knife, and background are pleasing.  I hope this helps!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Preston.
        Anonymous

Thank you Preston for your suggestions… I like the idea of dodging the knife blade a bit. I think you did a better job of it, than I. Need to practice that.  Also pulled the crop around to include low/right greens and level/squared cutting board. I’m on the fence with that, still like the diagonal myself. ….. and the bloody background. Have ordered a set of backdrop stands and some seamless paper. These linen and silk things fastened up with clothes pins, crease and fold to much and leave me with hot and dark spots. Should arrive Friday. 😉 .

Anonymous

Worked the knife blade over a bit, little better this time.

Preston
            Participant

I like what you did to the blade.  To me, it looks more pleasing than the original.

If you’re partial to the diagonal board, I say keep it.  The only person you have to please is yourself.  The background didn’t really bother me, but then again, I do most my pictures with the things I have laying around the house.  It’ll be interesting to see the difference in quality you get.  Keep up the good work.

Federico Alegria
      Participant

Tasty.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.