Red reflection

• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 3d, 1h ago by Greg.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Petr Nowak
      Participant

Dark passage near Charles Bridge in Prague. Darkened ceiling to emphasize “tunnel” effect. Some small retouches. CC?

Rob Wood (Admin)
      Keymaster

Very effective photo – only thing is I think I want to look at the silhouette of the rider rather than their tail light.. Might be just me though.

Rob Wood (Admin)
      Keymaster

Very effective photo – only thing is I think I want to look at the silhouette of the rider rather than their tail light.. Might be just me though.

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

I like this photo Petr. I agree with Rob’s comment about the light. It is quite distracting.

Federico Alegria
      Participant

Composition is gorgeous, although the red light is indeed quite distracting. I don’t know if a slight desaturation could reduce that feeling. I do like the silhouette and all the textures enhanced by both the artificial and natural light. Even with the distraction, it is a nice keeper! congrats mate.

3pco
      Participant

Nice shot. The striped colors on the right really make it.

Yeah, the tail light. If you want to keep it, get rid of the white blowout in the center. Color it red, darken the whole thing a little, maybe. Try it, then clone it out.

Petr Nowak
      Participant

The second version. I’m not skilled at retouches. My best result. I’ve removed whole light. I wonder if it is too much…

Dahlia Ambrose
        Keymaster

I like this Petr. It gives a mysterious mood to the image 🙂

Federico Alegria
      Participant

Whoa! You nailed it mate.

Frank
      Participant

Yes, my eye is pulled right to that red light, yet I think it adds a bit to the mystery, but I did not notice at first that it must be the tail light of a scooter or bike.  It is also probably the cause of the red glare on the right wall.   I remember taking a photo looking down this tunnel, but I never left the street!   I like seeing the woman standing in the light at the end of the tunnel, too.  Nice shot.

Jasenka G
      Participant

Removing the tail light was a good idea, the image looks cleaner this way.

Erik Fransman
      Participant

I like the red light, it explains the red reflection. Just not the blown out white.
      I prefer to remove the woman in the BG.

Greg
      Participant

I would prefer to ditch the red light and keep the woman. She seems to add depth to the “tunnel.”

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author