- February 9, 2020 at 7:45 pm #431193
I reworked a friends beach shot for her. Wonder what your thoughts are.
Original is from her cell phone (unsure of the make) in jpeg format.
- February 9, 2020 at 7:46 pm #431194
- February 9, 2020 at 9:47 pm #431199Rob Wood (Admin)Keymaster
I bet they’re happier with it. The lining of the cloud coming out of his neck bothers me, but it’s a small thing.
- February 10, 2020 at 9:22 am #431268
- February 9, 2020 at 11:15 pm #431203MistyisleParticipant
Bit strong overall for me, Paul, but it would be so boring if we all liked the same things. Still, it certainly is more arresting than the original! You have used your talents well to show your friend other possibilities! What are friends for?
- February 10, 2020 at 9:23 am #431269
- February 10, 2020 at 6:25 am #431259JasenkaGKeymaster
It looks like an entirely different image now!
Straightened horizon and your crop look much better but when it comes to colors I would just slightly edit them (not change them entirely), but that’s really a matter of personal taste.
- February 10, 2020 at 9:28 am #431270
Did you mean to desaturate the colour a bit, or change it to lighter orange/red… or add a tiny bit more red? As I was doing this edit ‘on the fly’ and working with an unfamiliar eye to these type of edits, I’m not ‘locked in’ to any particular aspect of the image.
The sky was taken from a sunset in Bali and placed behind a mask/layer of her family (which was taken a lake in Canada); and the ground is a colour layer on top of the sand .
- February 11, 2020 at 5:02 am #431360Erik FransmanParticipant
It depends a bit on what you want to achieve with the image.
Now it looks like a scene from ET or Close Encounters. If that’s what you were after, I would not change anything. It works and I like it. Possibly add a rim light to the “husband” and his son on the right.
If you were after a realistic family portrait enjoying the sunset, it’s a bit (understatement) over the top.
- February 11, 2020 at 6:28 am #431365
- February 12, 2020 at 5:19 pm #431537
Thanx for the help on this one.
Although I think she initially liked the original, after reading your comments I think she prefers Jasenka’s edit suggestion. So I’m definitely attempting/doing that one for her, but I’ll also send her one of the first ones. Although it didn’t quite turnout the way I hoped, I’ll rework that one and see if I can get closer to my vision. I have to search and see if I have the original of the sky without edits. Then see where it leads me.
Once again, thanx for the help!
- February 13, 2020 at 3:59 am #431589Petr NowakParticipant
Resulting image is very impressive. However it looks a litle bit unrealistic. It’s a matter of taste. It’s over top (for me). I don’t see any major glitch concerning composition etc…
- February 16, 2020 at 3:45 pm #432112
Thank you Petr!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.