Santa Monica Pier at Sunset

Latest Posts Photography Forums The Shark Tank Santa Monica Pier at Sunset

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Kent DuFault
      Participant

Santa Monica Pier at Sunset

iPhone 6+ and processed first in Snapseed and then in Photoshop. 1/20,000 second at f/2.2

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Wow Kent, I know this is in shark tank, but I love this photo. Can’t see anything to critic 🙂

Rob Eyers
      Participant

Was this a standard iPhone exposure or did you use a camera app Kent?
      Hate to mention it but……is there a reason it’s not level?

Kent DuFault
        Participant

Hi Rob. This was a standard iPhone shot. I processed it first in Snapseed and then fine-tuned it in Photoshop. No particular reason that horizon isn’t exactly straight. It didn’t seem necessary to me at first- However, since you and Erik both pointed it out- I guess I’ll straighten it. I can add some sky so it won’t pinch the sun off. Thanks!

Falxy
      Participant

Kent im blown away…why…cus theres so many unanswered questions…really interesting image that throws out so many angles……cant fault but cant completely agree….wow again….great pic man,everytime i look i find some new interest!! 🙂

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Stunning photo Kent.
      I agree with Rob, leveled is even better. The only reason not to level is that the sun will touch the top of the canvas. But still, it would even be better. I enjoy looking at it.

Kent DuFault
        Participant

Thanks Erik. As noted to Rob above- I’ll straighten the horizon. Cheers.

Falxy
      Participant

yeah and broken the rules of two thirds…..just makes it better!

im quite big just now into taken as taken…but….get rid of the background hills…and !! 🙂

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.