Seascapes and people

Latest Posts Photography Forums Landscape Photography Seascapes and people

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Albirder 3 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Ed Aldridge
    Participant

I took a few hours off Christmas to get out and about to try some land/seascape photography, never been very good at straight landscape photography so most of my images ended up with people in.

Hope you like them, I think they are quite dark in tone maybe a little too dark..

IMGP3056b<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
    IMGP3077b<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
    IMGP2934b<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
    IMGP2961b<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

John Thompson

Great shots Ed. I wish I was closer to the shore but then I would not have this beautiful desert to shoot.

Albirder
    Participant

They capture a mood, Ed. Well done.

Ed Aldridge
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback @nikon-nut and @albirder Happy New Year 🙂

Tersha
    Keymaster

Great shots, Ed, I like them a lot ….. the darkness in them seems to be your style, which is good! 🙂
    Happy New Year!

Ed Aldridge
    Participant

Thanks @tersha I guess my style is pretty dark, it is not quite accidental but when I am selecting what I chose to post i am always drawn to the darker images.

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Hi Ed,
    I like the mood especially the first two.
    Although it is not the ST, I think the first one would gain impact if you crop it.

Ed Aldridge
    Participant

Thanks @erik-fransman you are completely right, it could use a crop. I think maybe a little bit off the right hand side maybe to the last verticle bit of railing on the right? I forgot with this one there was another person in it when I originally cropped it but I took them out later because I thought it looked better with one person on their own

Kent DuFault
    Participant

Hi Ed. I really like these, especially the first two.

It’s funny – the people who I think tend to “get away with” things like too dark tone are people who realise they are doing it in the first place!

Albirder
    Participant

I agree. For the most part the dog would not hunt for me. But I really do appreciate it when it is a part of someone’s thought out photography style. There is a street photographer that I follow who also uses dark tones very successfully.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.