- October 15, 2019 at 2:10 pm #421997Lenny WollitzParticipant
Around our central plaza are about 15 of these guys. They do much more than shine shoes including many type of repairs. I have been working on this guy for several years but haven’t seen a smile yet.
- October 23, 2019 at 11:12 pm #422996BarbParticipant
Hi, Lenny. I’m a newbie, so I’m trying to learn from pros such as yourself. I love your subject and all the detail. Personally, I would love to have a closer view of this character but if you crop the photo you might lose the story.I’m curious if you took a closer shot and if you would share it? Thanks.
- October 24, 2019 at 5:58 am #423008MarioParticipant
Hello and thanks for sharing.
I’m not so sure about that HDR like editing done to the photo. Would also desaturate the green from the trees which are pretty distracting.
All the best.
- October 24, 2019 at 6:06 am #423009JasenkaGKeymaster
Hello Lenny, I wouldn’t use HDR in this case, but maybe that’s just my preference. I would like to see the original version of this image.
- October 24, 2019 at 8:09 am #423018Rob EyersParticipant
I like your framing choices Lenny. It does have a bit of pop to it, but that’s kind of your style. The sky looks like it’s been burned a bit too much. I get why you did it but it looks too processed IMHO.
- October 24, 2019 at 9:28 pm #423069MistyisleParticipant
Be interesting to see it in B&W Lenny.
- October 25, 2019 at 8:14 am #423092Erik FransmanParticipant
Hi Lenny, I would give the image a bit more warmth.
But that is not the problem for me. The problem for me is that he is looking to the right (camera right).
Looking at the camera (you) or at his radio/walkman in his hand would both have been fine. Now it’s impersonal.
- October 25, 2019 at 11:33 am #423098Lenny WollitzParticipant
Thanks for the comments everyone. I was going to use this in a show that I’m doing here and it was to be about 20 feet from the viewers so I pumped it up a bit… probably too much. It has to be in color. I think I will look for something else.
Beth, basically, I’m just a street photographer. I like to show the environment. For me anyway, many times cropping turns a street shot into a portrait.
Eric, I was grasping at straws with this one. I need to spend more time with these guys so they become comfortable with me shooting them. Now I just need to find the time. How was there ever time for a job before I retired!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.