Silhouette of telescope dome

Latest Posts Photography Forums The Shark Tank Silhouette of telescope dome

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tobie 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Sarthak Choudhary
    Participant

Silhouette of dome of 40inch telescope in vainu bappu observatory, Kavalur.

"DSC_5163-1"

f/20

70mm

1/640

ISO:100
    Saturation(orange and yellow) and clarity slightly modiefied in lightroom

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Hi Sarthak, I like the drama and details in the clouds. You may have to increase the exposure a bit because the observatory is almost invisible. Also, it would have been better to leave a bit more space on the left of the observatory as it looks pushed towards the edge too much 🙂

Sarthak Choudhary
      Participant

Now that you mention it I feel that I could have spared some space on left. I did try increasing exposure but I don’t like the effect it has on dome building.

Sarthak Choudhary
      Participant

I adjusted the crop. I have increased the exposure to +1 . To mask any changes on dome I used a brush stroke with exposure -1 that neutralizes the effect of raising exposure on dome.I gave the image another try.

Dahlia Ambrose
        Keymaster

This looks better Sarthak. I also like Tobie’s crop on the image 🙂

Tobie

Sarthak since this is about the dome, I’d give it much higher prominence by using a crop such as this:

dome

Sarthak Choudhary
    Participant

SocI had the similar idea so I captured an image like this. SOC . I’ll work in this later.

Tobie

Yea I believe it works much better than the 1st shot as you have more space around the dome.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.