- October 6, 2019 at 12:15 am #421159
- October 6, 2019 at 11:31 am #421171
I really like this Beth. I have always had a fondness for color images that appear b&w.
- October 6, 2019 at 9:25 pm #421201
thanks john. i like naturally desaturated images too. and it was certainly grey while i was in the south of iceland.
- October 7, 2019 at 8:54 am #421226
I like your take on Skógafos Beth. I went the other way and used the hills to the right. I’ll post something later.
- October 7, 2019 at 1:40 pm #421256
can’t wait to see it. i had a good vantage point from the ring road shooting up the river but i was too lazy to change the 32-64mm out for the 100-200mm cause it was raining then. next time..
- October 7, 2019 at 9:39 am #421235
Gorgeous Photo , i would have loved to been there as well ;).
Nice work as ever Beth.
- October 7, 2019 at 1:40 pm #421257
i’d love to be there too right now, can’t wait to go back. thanks patrick.
- October 7, 2019 at 1:00 pm #421246
Oh my! This is amazing Beth. Love it! I love the way you have post processed this image. Adds great mood to the image 🙂
- October 7, 2019 at 1:45 pm #421259
thanks dahlia. i pushed the darks in the river bed as much as i could before i lost them and added a little contrast with the highlights. and i took out a few rain drops that collected on my lens and 2 people. and stacked the 6 shots and masked them so everything was in focus. other than that it wasn’t too far off from what you see. the rock is pretty dark there due to the volcanic activity. it wasn’t overly saturated to begin with thanks to the rain.
- October 7, 2019 at 1:35 pm #421253
Very Nice Beth.
- October 7, 2019 at 1:46 pm #421260
- October 7, 2019 at 6:29 pm #421280
Very Nice, That’s what I call dedication…
- October 7, 2019 at 10:40 pm #421294
thanks. i was already wet from visiting the dc-3 plane crash and figured why not. the water wasn’t that deep, about halfway up my boot which was waterproof.
- October 7, 2019 at 11:01 pm #421300
Very nice Beth! Calming emotion.
- October 7, 2019 at 11:03 pm #421302
- October 8, 2019 at 2:01 am #421315
- October 8, 2019 at 9:43 pm #421365
- October 10, 2019 at 7:32 pm #421479
Rob Wood (Admin)Keymaster
I remember carrying my gear across a very cold creek in Norther England once. I was so cold I started to lose feeling in my feet. Narrowly avoided going for a swim with my gear!
- October 12, 2019 at 10:00 pm #421647
- October 11, 2019 at 7:51 pm #421532
Great pic Beth. The thing which grabs me most is the way you have captured the feeling of depth and coldness through the muted colours and the POV. The focus stack has worked really well to bring out the foreground rock which has a sharp metallic look instantly grabbing the viewer and guiding them into the misty waterfall in the BG. Love it!
- October 12, 2019 at 10:07 pm #421649
thanks graham. i was looking for something to fill the foreground and i think i hit the jackpot with that rock. right place, right size, right color.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.