skógafoss

This topic contains 21 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  beth 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author

beth
    Participant

yup, i was the idiot standing in the water.  but in my defense it was raining and i was already wet.

fuji 50r & 32-64mm lens.

.4 sec, f/11, iso 100.  6 shot focus stack with a tripod.

John Thompson

I really like this Beth.  I have always had a fondness for color images that appear b&w.

beth
      Participant

thanks john.  i like naturally desaturated images too.  and it was certainly grey while i was in the south of iceland.

Rob Eyers
    Participant

I like your take on Skógafos Beth. I went the other way and used the hills to the right. I’ll post something later.

beth
      Participant

can’t wait to see it.  i had a good vantage point from the ring road shooting up the river but i was too lazy to change the 32-64mm out for the 100-200mm cause it was raining then.  next time..

P71
    Participant

Gorgeous Photo , i would have loved to been there as well ;).

Nice work as ever Beth.

beth
      Participant

i’d love to be there too right now, can’t wait to go back.  thanks patrick.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Oh my! This is amazing Beth. Love it! I love the way you have post processed this image. Adds great mood to the image 🙂

beth
      Participant

thanks dahlia.  i pushed the darks in the river bed as much as i could before i lost them and added a little contrast with the highlights.  and i took out a few rain drops that collected on my lens and 2 people.  and stacked the 6 shots and masked them so everything was in focus.  other than that it wasn’t too far off from what you see.  the rock is pretty dark there due to the volcanic activity.  it wasn’t overly saturated to begin with thanks to the rain.

Robert Apple

Very Nice Beth.

beth
      Participant

thanks robert

Craig
    Participant

Very Nice, That’s what I call dedication…

beth
      Participant

thanks.  i was already wet from visiting the dc-3 plane crash and figured why not.  the water wasn’t that deep, about halfway up my boot which was waterproof.

Bruce Gordon
    Participant

Very nice Beth! Calming emotion.

beth
      Participant

thanks bruce.

Gerald Murphy
    Participant

Beautiful, Beth.

beth
      Participant

thanks gerald

Lovely.

I remember carrying my gear across a very cold creek in Norther England once. I was so cold I started to lose feeling in my feet. Narrowly avoided going for a swim with my gear!

beth
      Participant

thanks rob.  the water was a bit cool, but nothing like that.  i made it out with full (albeit a little squishy) feeling in my feet.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  beth.

Graham Hart
    Participant

Great pic Beth. The thing which grabs me most is the way you have captured the feeling of depth and coldness through the muted colours and the POV. The focus stack has worked really well to bring out the foreground rock which has a sharp metallic look instantly grabbing the viewer and guiding them into the misty waterfall in the BG. Love it!

beth
      Participant

thanks graham.  i was looking for something to fill the foreground and i think i hit the jackpot with that rock.  right place, right size, right color.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.