- October 5, 2019 at 11:21 pm #421157
due to snaefellsnes peninsula’s close proximity to reykjavik and keflavik airport i hit it twice. once at the beginning of the trip and again at the end. here’s a few from the first trip around the peninsula.
random mountains on the western coast
búðakirkja near sunset
a well photographed emergency shelter
- October 6, 2019 at 3:26 am #421164
All very well done!
- October 6, 2019 at 9:21 pm #421198
- October 6, 2019 at 11:30 am #421170
The colors on the first one are unreal. What a wild place to live! Nice Beth.
- October 6, 2019 at 9:22 pm #421199
thanks john. the black sand & dirt from the volcanoes is pretty crazy stuff. it’s everywhere on the island.
- October 6, 2019 at 11:50 am #421174
Keep them coming Beth. I’m enjoying your different views of Iceland. Like John I really like the first one.
- October 6, 2019 at 9:24 pm #421200
thanks rob. it’s been fun comparing notes on where each of us went and how we saw it. maybe stalking each other’s shoots should be a regular part of the lightstalking repertoire.
- October 7, 2019 at 1:04 pm #421248
Wow! These are all awesome Beth 🙂
- October 7, 2019 at 1:46 pm #421262
- October 7, 2019 at 1:33 pm #421251
Great series Beth.
- October 7, 2019 at 1:46 pm #421263
- October 10, 2019 at 7:33 pm #421480
Rob Wood (Admin)Keymaster
These are sensational shots.
- October 12, 2019 at 10:29 pm #421650
- October 10, 2019 at 8:54 pm #421484
Just beautiful. I’m wondering if you and Rob have enough wall space to hang these memories of your Icelandic adventures. Looking at them on my computer screen is fine and dandy but it does not compare to a matted and framed print.
- October 12, 2019 at 10:30 pm #421651
nope. there’s never enough wall space.
- October 10, 2019 at 10:13 pm #421486
Top work loving the emergency shelter , very dramatic set of photos which i love.
More magic beth thanks for showing us.
- October 12, 2019 at 10:31 pm #421652
thanks patrick. the emergency shelters were fun to find around the country. we don’t really have anything like that around america.
- October 10, 2019 at 10:59 pm #421494
What amazing landscapes and so well captured Beth. All four pics are stunning but I think the second one is my favourite. It has an Icelandic Noir feel about it. I just love the simple composition and ever-so-light intrusion of the pole and gate to break the symmetry.
- October 12, 2019 at 10:33 pm #421654
thanks graham. the second one of búðakirkja was shot at the beginning of the trip. i took a better shot of it nearly 2 weeks later. it’s more or less the same photo but from the opposite side of the building with the mountains in the background and a better sky.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.