snaefellsness peninsula the first time

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat snaefellsness peninsula the first time

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  beth 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author

beth
    Participant

due to snaefellsnes peninsula’s close proximity to reykjavik and keflavik airport i hit it twice.  once at the beginning of the trip and again at the end.  here’s a few from the first trip around the peninsula.

random mountains on the western coast

búðakirkja near sunset

a well photographed emergency shelter

Lynne Guenther
    Participant

All very well done!

beth
      Participant

thanks lynne

John Thompson

The colors on the first one are unreal.  What a wild place to live!  Nice Beth.

beth
      Participant

thanks john.  the black sand & dirt from the volcanoes is pretty crazy stuff.  it’s everywhere on the island.

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Keep them coming Beth. I’m enjoying your different views of Iceland. Like John I really like the first one.

beth
      Participant

thanks rob.  it’s been fun comparing notes on where each of us went and how we saw it.  maybe stalking each other’s shoots should be a regular part of the lightstalking repertoire.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Wow! These are all awesome Beth 🙂

beth
      Participant

thanks dahlia.

Robert Apple

Great series Beth.

beth
      Participant

thanks robert

These are sensational shots.

beth
      Participant

thanks rob.

Dave Watkins
    Participant

Just beautiful. I’m wondering if you and Rob have enough wall space to hang these memories of your Icelandic adventures. Looking at them on my computer screen is fine and dandy but it does not compare to a matted and framed print.

beth
      Participant

nope.  there’s never enough wall space.

P71
    Participant

Top work loving the emergency shelter , very dramatic set of photos which i love.

More magic beth thanks for showing us.

beth
      Participant

thanks patrick.  the emergency shelters were fun to find around the country.  we don’t really have anything like that around america.

Graham Hart
    Participant

What amazing landscapes and so well captured Beth. All four pics are stunning but I think the second one is my favourite. It has an Icelandic Noir feel about it. I just love the simple composition and ever-so-light intrusion of the pole and gate to break the symmetry.

beth
      Participant

thanks graham.  the second one of búðakirkja was shot at the beginning of the trip.  i took a better shot of it nearly 2 weeks later.  it’s more or less the same photo but from the opposite side of the building with the mountains in the background and a better sky.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.