- September 9, 2019 at 9:57 pm #419085
Seascape more than landscape I guess. About 6:30 pm last Saturday near Port Orford. A short stop on our way to Brookings. Thought we’d get back after dinner for better light. Didn’t make it. Next day was overcast. Flat light, a little rain and no colors. Beautiful coast line though and hope to get back for another try. Thanks for looking.
- September 9, 2019 at 10:02 pm #419086
Rob Wood (Admin)Keymaster
One of my photography dream locations…
- September 9, 2019 at 10:26 pm #419088
Mine too. 🙂 This spot was just an easy off and easy back onto Hwy 101 bathroom break. Having the time to search for THE spot and be set up for the right light could result in some beautiful images.
I hope you can find the time to go there. You won’t be disappointed. If the timing is right I’ll meet you at “The Crazy Norwegian’s” for fish and chips and a beer. 🙂
- September 9, 2019 at 10:34 pm #419093
Rob Wood (Admin)Keymaster
- September 9, 2019 at 11:05 pm #419110
Like Rob said, a dream location and a pretty damn fine shot to boot!
- September 10, 2019 at 9:45 am #419124
Thanks Graham. It’s a beautiful area.
- September 10, 2019 at 9:39 am #419122
Who wouldn’t want to be there! Well done.
Of course, sometimes, cloudy and drizzly conditions make for some very very fine b&w work, especially if there is textures in the sky that matches the grains of sand and stone.
- September 10, 2019 at 9:58 am #419125
Thanks for your comment Steve. You’re absolutely right about shooting in cloudy and drizzly conditions. The problem was on this trip none of us had ever been there and we didn’t plan well. Tried to pack too many activities at too many places into a short period of time. Next time will be more relaxed and focused on photography. I hope. 🙂
- September 10, 2019 at 2:45 pm #419139
Nice Dave , Brookings is one of my favorite places, Ocean to the west and Redwoods to the east.
- September 11, 2019 at 9:55 am #419196
Thanks Robert. Will definitely be making plans for a return trip for a longer stay because of the ocean and redwoods. The size of some of those trees are amazing.
- September 10, 2019 at 2:53 pm #419140
Beautiful Dave, Love it. Looks like a great location for long exposure photography 🙂
- September 11, 2019 at 9:56 am #419197
Thanks Dahlia. I had brought my tripod and a 6 stop ND filter and never found the time to use them. Next time for sure.
- September 11, 2019 at 12:14 am #419178
Nice shot Dave. I particularly like the single track of footprints heading into the image!
- September 11, 2019 at 10:01 am #419198
Thanks Bruce. There were soon to be more tracks. Two groups of people, one on my left and one on my right, were behind me heading that direction. I took four shots with slightly different compositions. I liked this one best.
- September 11, 2019 at 1:00 am #419182
Beautiful image for sure. I could spend all day there…
- September 11, 2019 at 10:05 am #419201
Thanks Tom. I’m sure you’d enjoy it. This was my first trip to the southern coast. It’s a five hour drive to get there but well worth it.
- September 11, 2019 at 11:04 am #419208
What a great place to have a camera. Very nice Dave.
- September 12, 2019 at 9:42 am #419281
Thanks John. I’ve lived in Oregon for twenty five years and this was my first trip to the southern coast area. Now it could be my new favorite Oregon location.
- September 11, 2019 at 11:45 am #419222
I don’t remember us ever having a Coastal Shots throw down Dave, though the lighthouse one came close, but was a limited subject, you should start one.
- September 12, 2019 at 9:49 am #419282
Hi Robert. I would if I got over to the coast more often. And I only have 3 or 4 shots in the archive. So as it is I’ll think about it but would definitely participate if someone else started one.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.