Southern Oregon Coast.

Latest Posts Photography Forums Landscape Photography Southern Oregon Coast.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Watkins 6 days, 6 hours ago.

• Author

Dave Watkins
    Participant

Seascape more than landscape I guess. About 6:30 pm last Saturday near Port Orford. A short stop on our way to Brookings. Thought we’d get back after dinner for better light. Didn’t make it. Next day was overcast. Flat light, a little rain and no colors. Beautiful coast line though and hope to get back for another try. Thanks for looking.

One of my photography dream locations…

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Mine too. ๐Ÿ™‚ย  This spot was just an easy off and easy back onto Hwy 101 bathroom break. Having the time to search forย THEย spot and be set up for the right light could result in some beautiful images.

I hope you can find the time to go there. You won’t be disappointed. If the timing is right I’ll meet you at “The Crazy Norwegian’s” for fish and chips and a beer. ๐Ÿ™‚

lol. Deal.

Graham Hart
    Participant

Like Rob said, a dream location and a pretty damn fine shot to boot!

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Thanks Graham. It’s a beautiful area.

Steve Walker
    Participant

Who wouldn’t want to be there! Well done.

Of course, sometimes, cloudy and drizzly conditions make for some very very fine b&w work, especially if there is textures in the sky that matches the grains of sand and stone.

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Thanks for your comment Steve. You’re absolutely right about shooting in cloudy and drizzly conditions. The problem was on this trip none of us had ever been there and we didn’t plan well. Tried to pack too many activities at too many places into a short period of time. Next time will be more relaxed and focused on photography. I hope.ย  ๐Ÿ™‚

Robert Apple

Nice Dave , Brookings is one of my favorite places, Ocean to the west and Redwoods to the east.

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Thanks Robert. Will definitely be making plans for a return trip for a longer stay because of the ocean and redwoods. The size of some of those trees are amazing.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Beautiful Dave, Love it. Looks like a great location for long exposure photography ๐Ÿ™‚

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Thanks Dahlia. I had brought my tripod and a 6 stop ND filter and never found the time to use them. Next time for sure.

Bruce Gordon
    Participant

Nice shot Dave. I particularly like the single track of footprints heading into the image!

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Thanks Bruce. There were soon to be more tracks. Two groups of people, one on my left and one on my right, were behind me heading that direction. I took four shots with slightly different compositions. I liked this one best.

Tom M
    Participant

Beautiful image for sure. I could spend all day there…

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Thanks Tom. I’m sure you’d enjoy it. This was my first trip to the southern coast. It’s a five hour drive to get there but well worth it.

John Thompson

What a great place to have a camera.ย  Very nice Dave.

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Thanks John. I’ve lived in Oregon for twenty five years and this was my first trip to the southern coast area. Now it could be my new favorite Oregon location.

Robert Apple

I don’t remember us ever having a Coastal Shots throw down Dave, though the lighthouse one came close, but was a limited subject, you should start one.

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Hi Robert. I would if I got over to the coast more often. And I only have 3 or 4 shots in the archive. So as it is I’ll think about it but would definitely participate if someone else started one.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.