- December 26, 2018 at 1:10 pm #381722
Mule Faced Deer Fawn
- December 26, 2018 at 1:11 pm #381723
Mama, I think.
- December 26, 2018 at 6:09 pm #381782
Very nice friends indeed Bruce. It must have been an enjoyable outing.
- December 26, 2018 at 7:21 pm #381789
It was, thanks John. Got to pet one as well…
- December 27, 2018 at 10:36 am #381875
I like your fawn picture. It’s like you were playing a dame of peek-a-boo
- January 11, 2019 at 8:10 pm #384364
The fawns are naturally more skittish than the adults, so they tend to hang at the back and watch. The one I got to pet was a fawn last year, so they are learning to be both more bold and less timid with each generation.
- January 2, 2019 at 9:07 am #382595
Wonderful shots Bruce. I particularly like the first one.
- January 11, 2019 at 8:09 pm #384363
- January 12, 2019 at 7:42 pm #384489
What interesting face & ears this species has, Bruce. And your shots give such as sense of personality! In Maryland U.S., we have the white-tailed deer, not the mule-faced. It looks like your friends have their winter coats.
- January 13, 2019 at 1:12 pm #384568
Thanks Anne! This herd lives near Evergreen Colorado at about 8500’ above sea level. The are pretty well into winter now, and got about 8-10’ of snow just last night.
- January 12, 2019 at 8:11 pm #384495
And I thought Koalas were cute! Just want to wrap an arm around these critters and nuzzle into them. Lovely shots bruce.
- January 13, 2019 at 1:10 pm #384567
Thanks Graham! They are quite endearing creatures, and fun to observe.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.