Spring is Sprung

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne Hornsby
      Participant

Finally, we’ve got some beautiful spring weather in mid-east coast U.S.  I just shot this cardinal leaving our feeder. (I think he’s hiding his crest, but I’m not a great bird identifier) .

Is this where we put bird photos?

@tobiepsg

Spring is Sprung

Tersha
      Keymaster

Lovely cardinal Anne, I’d love to see one, we don’t have them here in the UK.
      There is a Throwdown for birds if you’re interested, either here, or there is fine.

Bird Brains III

Dorothy
      Participant

Hi Anne:  I agree with Tersha, beautiful cardinal.  There is a couple that returns each spring and chirp until i look out the window and see them then they don’t bother me after that, just go on being themselves.  i really love your shot.  Glad you posted here and i got to see it. i have not checked out a lot of the Throwdowns and haven’t quite figured how it all works yet.  i grew up halfway between Boston and The Cape (Cape Cod that is) live in Missouri and don’t get back to visit as much as i would like. (i do miss the smell of the ocean)

Anne Hornsby
      Participant

Thanks Diane and Dorothy.      I live in Maryland but grew up on the coast of Virginia near the ocean, and lived in Boston many years, so I know what you mean about missing the smell of the ocean.   But I’m only 3-5 hours away by car.

I’m just starting this week to practice using a tripod and also shooting in manual mode, so I look forward to future efforts –  I think this image needed a faster shutter speed and perhaps a change in the metering mode.

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Beautiful bird Anne and you have caught the action beautifully 🙂

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Nice capture. Cardinals are beautiful birds. Was my grandmother’s favorite.  Nice feeder set up you have there.

Graham Hart
      Participant

I’m not familiar with this bird but I just love the pose you’ve captured here. The feeder combined with the bird imparts a feeling of everything hanging in balance. It’s like a string holding the bird up has been photoshopped out 🙂

ElinL
      Participant

Great catch Anne !

Tobie

I’m so jealous of you guys! I would have loved to photograph one but we don’t have them here! They are simply beautiful!

Anne Hornsby
      Participant

Thanks Dalhia, Dave, Graham, and Elin!    Tobie every morning I’m amazed at how intense the red is on the male.   The female is a lovely shade of light brown with some red markings.

Robert Apple

Great Catch Anne

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author