- July 23, 2019 at 12:57 am #414818
Star Trail at Gaganbawda Ghat:
Captured this image at Gaganbawda Ghat in Western Ghats of India. I used total 9 images for this photograph. One is for foreground at 28mm | f10 | ISO 100 | 243 Seconds and others are for Star Trail at 24mm | f4 | ISO 200 | 320 to 382 Seconds each with Nokkor Z 24-70mm f4 S lens on Nikon Z6 with T Mode and Electronic Shutter.
- July 23, 2019 at 9:37 am #414833Kent DuFaultParticipant
WOW! Great shot. Excellent combination of various elements to form a cohesive whole.
- July 23, 2019 at 10:36 am #414839Erik FransmanParticipant
Bhushan, I could never do that. Very nice. No ST comment. Sorry. I like it and it works.
- July 24, 2019 at 6:02 am #414899Petr NowakParticipant
Great image. I like combination of yellow car trails and blue sky (and green forest too), trails curve, star trails, sun behind horizont. Great compo. Definitely exhibition grade image.
Only one thing I feel a little bit strange/artificial – how is star trails composed into image. Is it real? Does it look this way? But I don’t know real situation of course.
- July 24, 2019 at 2:27 pm #414931
Yes, all stars are real and the orange colour on horizon is not sun it is something burning or burning sugarcane field.
- July 24, 2019 at 2:34 pm #414932
Our earth is spinning thus we feel that stars are moving. When we take long exposure of stars we get white streaks like this in the image.
- July 24, 2019 at 3:23 pm #414934Petr NowakParticipant
Of course I know how star trails look (white streaks). What I feel strange is how its composed into image, it looks it doesn’t fit. I don’t know how to describe it exactly. It seems for me that stars trails don’t fit into image. But its only my subjective feeling.
I searched google for other similar images:
Stars trails lead to horizont usually and don’t end before it. I found only one similar image where trails end some distance before horizont. Thats what (probably) I see strange.
To be clear I absolutly believe you capture it like this. No problem here. I only express my first feeling.
Regardless, the image is great. Print it. Exhibit it.
- July 25, 2019 at 12:16 am #414967
I think it happens because of haze on horizon. I shoot this image with camera facing at South.
- July 24, 2019 at 7:56 pm #414954Federico AlegriaParticipant
I have nothing to add here since these photos exceed my expertise, but this IS AMAZING!!! I love it!!!
- July 25, 2019 at 8:34 am #414977Frank KinnockParticipant
- July 25, 2019 at 8:36 am #414978Frank KinnockParticipant
……. ah …. this is supposed to be Shark Tank critique.
Perhaps if the trails completed a wider arc into the misty light?
But still gorgeous.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.