Street performance

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Mario
      Participant

Deleted.

• This topic was modified 8mo, 2wk ago by Mario.
      Mistyisle
      Participant

Firstly, Mario, I would try this in B&W, then see what you think.  Additionally (and now that I think about it, more importantly)  the performer, who is the centre of interest,  does not stand out from the surroundings sufficiently – it will take quite a bit of work to achieve this.

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Hi Mario,

It’s the right moment, but the “wrong” background.
      You have listed your camera and lens, but not the Exif. Not the focal length, not the ss and not the aperture and ISO.

For a shot like this, I would suggest a high shutter speed (like 1/2000s) a large aperture (like 2.8 or even larger) and the longest possible focal length for your position. Adjust the ISO accordingly. I am curious about what the settings were.
      For this shot, it might have helped to do a step to the left so the BG behind the jumper is lighter and he stands out more.

Petr Nowak
      Participant

Like Mistyisle and Erik have said: main subject is “lost”. It doesn’t stand out.

Mario
      Participant

Deleted.

• This reply was modified 8mo, 2wk ago by Mario.
      Falxy
      Participant

Hi Mario…………less is more…………..too much background,crop to guide the viewer,and b&w would work.

🙂

Graham Hart
      Participant

I agree with the crop suggestion. Not sure about B&W…maybe? Too much information in the image detracting from the main focus of the performers. Given the angle of view you have, maybe some selective masking then using a matte to soften the BG will help to bring the performers out? Extended the bottom edge a bit to avoid a square crop too.

• This reply was modified 8mo, 2wk ago by Graham Hart. Reason: request from Mario
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author