- July 14, 2019 at 7:54 pm #414233
Light up the sky…
This is what happens when the sun dips below the horizon with textured clouds above. Don’t abandon your place just because the sun has gone down, and be sure to get to your place well before sunrise too.
Two image panorama at Hominy Valley Overlook, Blue Ridge Parkway
- July 14, 2019 at 9:36 pm #414234
- July 14, 2019 at 11:25 pm #414242Robert AppleModerator
Totally agree, evening is when things get interesting, nice Shot.
- July 15, 2019 at 2:09 pm #414299Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
Great image Steve. Love the colours in the sky 🙂
- July 15, 2019 at 4:06 pm #414316bethParticipant
love all of the ridges and hills. nice sky too.
- July 15, 2019 at 7:30 pm #414331Rob EyersParticipant
I’m with you on the time to be there. Don’t tell everybody though as it’s kind of nice to have places to ourselves 😉
The ridges of the parkway really add a lot to the late day colour.
- July 17, 2019 at 7:55 am #414409
It is a little surprising how much time one can find at these very very public overlooks at the best times of the day.
- July 16, 2019 at 10:35 am #414359John ThompsonModerator
Very nice layers and a dramatic sky. Well done Steve.
- July 17, 2019 at 7:55 am #414410
- July 19, 2019 at 9:20 pm #414589Graham HartParticipant
Just stunning! Love it love it love it.
- July 20, 2019 at 11:53 am #414636
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.