sunken

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  beth 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

beth
    Participant

a quick trip out to the old port last monday.  glad i had my waders with me this trip, it was high tide and muddy.

my gf 100-200mm came in today.  but i won’t get to play with it this weekend.  our special events season officially starts at work this weekend so it’s all hands on deck.  maybe next weekend, if not it’ll be vacation in june.

fuji gfx 50r & 32-64mm @ 32mm

30s, f/11, iso 400

Robert Apple

Cool Beth, you really should go back there with some SS Minnow decals.

Love that foreground. I would be going back just for that.

John Thompson

Wow Beth very nice.  I love the SS Minnow comment Robert.

Why does my comment show the same as Rob Wood @admin?

Now it is fine since I added the second sentence.

It’s a buggy forum, but it’s ours and we love it. 😉

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Love this image, especially  the moody feel Beth 🙂

Anne Hornsby
    Participant

Agree with Rob, love the foreground, Beth, with the misty water and interesting reeds.  Although I also love images of boats that are ‘no longer seaworthy.’  I think I’ll start of throwdown on that topic!

Bruce Gordon
    Participant

Very nice Beth! I love the mood you have created.

beth
    Participant

thanks everyone.

Sarthak Choudhary
    Participant

Superb shot.

To my eyes this pastel kind of images look way better than images with vivid colours. I really like the way water & sky meet together near the horizon and how their unique colours help me separate them from each other. Gives the whole image a unique feel. The part where water meets grass also looks very cool. I would like to think this colour scheme fits right with the subject of the image- a sunken boat.

beth
      Participant

thanks sarthak.  it’s a matte edit with blues added to the midtones.  initially i didn’t have the blues added in, but it was a very grey day and the boat blended in with the water and sky.  the blues helped me separate the boat and make it pop out.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.