• Author
      Keith
      Participant
      P Marione
      Blocked

And now what ?

mike hull
      Participant

can’t find the pool, shot is uneven, lighting is harsh, the white bunching of the blouse doesn’t help and i wonder why i am seeing the image. On the other hand if the resolution is dense enough a crop of the sculpture piece with a focus on the wire shadow might be a fun image

mike hull
      Participant

can’t find the pool, shot is uneven, lighting is harsh, the white bunching of the blouse doesn’t help and i wonder why i am seeing the image. On the other hand if the resolution is dense enough a crop of the sculpture piece with a focus on the wire shadow might be a fun image

P Marione
      Blocked

Light sucks, shadows sucks, composition sucks, and the wall at the bottom is not square.
      Yes crop just to the sculpture shadow…

Ken Watson
      Participant

Hi, Sorry but the shot doesn’t work for me, lights to hard on the blouse, the background behind the model looks to be cutting her into segments, and the brick wall she’s sitting on does not even give the feeling of even a virtual pool. plus the walls not square, looks like she’s sitting up hill.

Keith
      Participant

Ken

Thank you for your constructive comments. I will take on board what you have said and try again.

Regards

Keith

Ravi
      Participant

@larner – please tell something about your photograph. this is one of the forum rules which you claim to have read – besides asking for comments is a simple act of courtesy. you don’t get it, do you?

I would draw the attention of the @admin to this

There is a slight tilt to the left and like others said harsh lighting, shadows and busy background make it look less pleasing than what it could be.

jeff
      Participant

The purpose of posting a picture in the shark tank is to have your photo critiqued-it is pretty self explanatory that he wants comments. Stop being so petty and driving away new members

Larner, the image seems forced as if the model did not want to be photographed, and the sun did not want to cooperate. in different light the three texture of the walls could be interesting but as it is every element is distracting, leading to an overall disinterest for the viewer.

Fred Furze
      Participant

@larner , I don’t think it is a bad image overall.

It looks like a modeling photo, so for that I would crop out the little man completely. He draws too much attention away from the model. But I would leave some of the vertical corrugated metal because I think it looks interesting. Her pose is nice but I would have her second leg show as well. She can tend to look one-legged this way. Straighten the photo as others have said above. The bottom of the frame should be parallel with the edge of the pool. Then maybe crop down a little off the top, perhaps to the second horizontal panel shadow line, approx.

The rest (lighting, contrast, etc.) I think you can take care of with minimal adjustments in Lightroom or Photoshop (or other editing programs).

Steve Crane
      Participant

The model is good looking but as others have said, there are flaws. The model’s heavy shadow is the worst of these and only a reshoot can fix that. To rescue this you could try straightening the pool edge at the base then doing a square crop so the grey siding fills the frame. You’ll still have the model’s shadow but the image might be stronger.

Stewart
      Participant

MOD: @pmarione, keep your comments constructive, lose the slagging attitude. NON NEGOTIABLE!
      This type of reply is not acceptable. FULL STOP. Any further posts of this nature will be systematically removed by the Mod’s or @admin. Get your head straight and show some respect sunshine. Play nice or not at all.

P Marione
      Blocked

OK I quit

P Marione
      Blocked

@redman OK I quit

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar