Sunset at Bagan Lalang Beach, Malaysia

Latest Posts Photography Forums The Shark Tank Feedback Forum Sunset at Bagan Lalang Beach, Malaysia

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Syukran Mauludi
      Participant

Canon 60D, Tamron 17-50 non VC. Exposure 1/42 @f11, 17mm. ISO 100

Need advise to improve. Thanks

Sunset

John Thompson

I might have used a nd or a graduated nd to try to not have the sun blown out. I like the sky and I like the foreground. I would have tried to remove whatever that is sticking out of the water, signage or whatever. I also think it would be a nice photo if it were without the people on the beach.

P Marione
      Blocked

I don’t like the think in the foreground : looks like some stuffed jelly fish to me, and I would not put it right in the middle : feels to much like a posed shot.

John Thompson

You know, I was going to comment about how cliche photo was. Then I thought that it is difficult to criticize someone for doing something that many others have done. BUT, it appears to be in focus and I have seen many pro photographers have much the same composition.

P Marione
      Blocked

Sure, I just said “I don’t like”, it’s only a personal opinion certainly not a certainty.

Syukran Mauludi
      Participant

I will try to use the ND filter for next time.

Syukran Mauludi
      Participant

Now im realize that this composition very common. For this shot, i try to apply rule of third, and also try to include foreground interest and sky. But, if i shot with fish eye or wide angle lens, maybe the result much more dramatic i guess.

Syukran Mauludi
      Participant

maybe im overdoing enhanced the details.

P Marione
      Blocked

Yes but you main problem is still the fact that the sun is burned : you could use a ND filter as suggested.

Fred Furze
      Participant

#1 as mentioned above the sun and reflections are completely and extremely over blown. It looks like you may have enhanced the exposure to bring out detail in the rock that is in the foreground, and by doing this really blew out the sun, etc. If this is the case you can try stacking a couple of the same photo at different exposure values, and use the best areas of each of these to create a single photo with areas that are better exposed (HDR).

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author