Tank Ride

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

On Saturday night I ran a small group light painting workshop at a place called Tank Ride. An amazing place where all vehicles are operative – 6 Centurion tanks, including a working bridge laying tank, an Alvis light tank, Stuart light tank, amphibious vehicles, rocket launcher, scout cars – simply amazing. And you can ride in virtually any of them – a must if you are even in Queensland, Australia.

Anyone know how hard it is to light a centurion tank late on a dark night?

PB090071

PB090042

PB090035sq

Light painted soldiers

PB090072

The crew:

PB090086

Kent DuFault
      Participant

Very cool! A couple of years ago my wife gave me a tank driving, machine gun shooting, experience for my birthday. It was SO awesome! I got to crush two cars with a tank I was driving. Fabulous!

P71
      Participant

Very cool workshop david , the photo with the crew may i ask did you use a pixelstick to get the bitmap image.

Nice share and photos mate.

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Wow David. I like the light painted soldiers 🙂

Robert Apple

Agree with the above David, In my younger days I did subcontract work on heavy military vehicles on a number of locations and though I didn’t work on them I got to drive as well as fire live rounds from some classic tanks, a T23 Sherman, M18 Hellcat, and a M46 Patton. They were all non active combatant vehicles at the time and used for training exercises but were still cool as hell, there were some Abrams tanks present but they were off limits to civilians. The Sherman, which was fully functional, I was told was in General Patton’s armored division and had been used for training, but had never seen Europe, though it did participate in several victory parades after the war.

Erik Fransman
      Participant

So many things to learn. These are great again David.

Tersha
      Keymaster

Great series David, looks like a lot of fun!

Graham Hart
      Participant

Brilliant! How was the soldiers pic created?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.