Tagged: light painting
- November 12, 2019 at 6:35 am #424779David ChesterfieldModerator
On Saturday night I ran a small group light painting workshop at a place called Tank Ride. An amazing place where all vehicles are operative – 6 Centurion tanks, including a working bridge laying tank, an Alvis light tank, Stuart light tank, amphibious vehicles, rocket launcher, scout cars – simply amazing. And you can ride in virtually any of them – a must if you are even in Queensland, Australia.
Anyone know how hard it is to light a centurion tank late on a dark night?
Light painted soldiers
- November 12, 2019 at 9:44 am #424805Kent DuFaultParticipant
Very cool! A couple of years ago my wife gave me a tank driving, machine gun shooting, experience for my birthday. It was SO awesome! I got to crush two cars with a tank I was driving. Fabulous!
- November 12, 2019 at 9:54 am #424811P71Participant
Very cool workshop david , the photo with the crew may i ask did you use a pixelstick to get the bitmap image.
Nice share and photos mate.
- November 12, 2019 at 1:02 pm #424824Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
Wow David. I like the light painted soldiers 🙂
- November 12, 2019 at 1:09 pm #424825Robert AppleModerator
Agree with the above David, In my younger days I did subcontract work on heavy military vehicles on a number of locations and though I didn’t work on them I got to drive as well as fire live rounds from some classic tanks, a T23 Sherman, M18 Hellcat, and a M46 Patton. They were all non active combatant vehicles at the time and used for training exercises but were still cool as hell, there were some Abrams tanks present but they were off limits to civilians. The Sherman, which was fully functional, I was told was in General Patton’s armored division and had been used for training, but had never seen Europe, though it did participate in several victory parades after the war.
- November 13, 2019 at 12:01 pm #424897Erik FransmanParticipant
So many things to learn. These are great again David.
- November 13, 2019 at 3:44 pm #424903TershaKeymaster
Great series David, looks like a lot of fun!
- November 14, 2019 at 11:09 pm #424995Graham HartParticipant
Brilliant! How was the soldiers pic created?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.