The End Result (The Rest of the Story)

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat The End Result (The Rest of the Story)

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Pat Garrett
      Participant

I posted this image (“Fishing at Sunrise”) in the Shark Tank on September 6th this year, the Light Stalking Community selected it as a member pick of the week and the Pick of the Week for September 9th. The community encouragement led to my entering it in the Lifestyle category of the annual Down East Magazine reader photo contest (”Down East” is a well read Maine magazine). There were 3 categories, 3 winners in each – and over 1200 entries. The Judge panel selected my image for 2nd place. I was very excited-especially when some of the professionals told me how difficult it is to win a Down East contest. All 9  winning images, are published in the current (December) issue.  I was surprised again when an evening TV news ”magazine” program interviewed the magazine’s editor-in-chief about the contest. Only 3 images were shown in the program – mine was one of them and included a wonderful narration as well. Had it not been for the Light Stalking community response and the confidence you gave me, I doubt I would have even considered entering the contest.     Thank you!  Pat

Patrick
      Participant

Absolutely wonderful news Pat , i am so happy for you and well deserved it is a great photo.

A very inspiring story 😉 thank you for the update & Congratulations.

Pat Garrett
        Participant

Thank YOU, Patrick, for your ever helpful encouraging comments. I learn much from the images you post.

Robert Apple

Yes, congratulations  Pat, it truly is a wonderful photo. Thanks for sharing this.

Vincenzo
      Participant

Congratulation Pat!! Wonderful news and the shot is really beautiful.

Pat Garrett
        Participant

Thank you very much for looking and commenting.

Dave Watkins
      Participant

Fantastic! Congratulations Pat. Without a doubt an image to be proud of and well deserved of recognition. You must still be smiling.  🙂

Pat Garrett
        Participant

Thanks, Dave. I’m still dancing on the ceiling!

Tersha
      Keymaster

Wow Pat, that’s wonderful! Such a beautiful image, well deserving of the recognition, you must be very proud! 🙂

Pat Garrett
        Participant

Thank you, Tersha. Yes, I am  proud, but at the same time very humbled as there were so many fantastic images.  Response, locally, has been overwhelming.

Rob Eyers
      Participant

Congratulations Pat and thanks for sharing your great news. Your images honour is well deserved.

Pat Garrett
      Participant

Thanks, Rob. I appreciate your stopping to comment.

beth
      Participant

lovely photo and congrats on the contest!

Kent DuFault
      Participant

That’s awesome, Pat! Congratulations!

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Congratulations Pat. That’s amazing 🙂

Pat Garrett
        Participant

Thank you, Dahlia, very much.

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

Congrats Pat, that’s an absolutely stunning photo!

davidc
      Participant

Congratulations Pat. That is so cool. Very well done and it is well deserved. 🙂

Pat Garrett
        Participant

Thank you, Davidc. Appreciate the comments.

Pat Garrett
      Participant

Thank you all for stopping to comment. This community has become important to me in many ways. I find your personal posts and comments enlightening and inspirational. I am in awe of the “lens work” you show.

Pat

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author