- November 22, 2019 at 8:40 pm #425798
I posted this image (“Fishing at Sunrise”) in the Shark Tank on September 6th this year, the Light Stalking Community selected it as a member pick of the week and the Pick of the Week for September 9th. The community encouragement led to my entering it in the Lifestyle category of the annual Down East Magazine reader photo contest (”Down East” is a well read Maine magazine). There were 3 categories, 3 winners in each – and over 1200 entries. The Judge panel selected my image for 2nd place. I was very excited-especially when some of the professionals told me how difficult it is to win a Down East contest. All 9 winning images, are published in the current (December) issue. I was surprised again when an evening TV news ”magazine” program interviewed the magazine’s editor-in-chief about the contest. Only 3 images were shown in the program – mine was one of them and included a wonderful narration as well. Had it not been for the Light Stalking community response and the confidence you gave me, I doubt I would have even considered entering the contest. Thank you! Pat
- November 22, 2019 at 8:54 pm #425801PatrickParticipant
Absolutely wonderful news Pat , i am so happy for you and well deserved it is a great photo.
A very inspiring story 😉 thank you for the update & Congratulations.
- November 22, 2019 at 11:18 pm #425810
Thank YOU, Patrick, for your ever helpful encouraging comments. I learn much from the images you post.
- November 23, 2019 at 1:24 am #425812Robert AppleModerator
Yes, congratulations Pat, it truly is a wonderful photo. Thanks for sharing this.
- November 23, 2019 at 7:43 am #425824
- November 23, 2019 at 5:25 am #425818VincenzoParticipant
Congratulation Pat!! Wonderful news and the shot is really beautiful.
- November 23, 2019 at 7:45 am #425825
Thank you very much for looking and commenting.
- November 23, 2019 at 11:11 am #425838Dave WatkinsParticipant
Fantastic! Congratulations Pat. Without a doubt an image to be proud of and well deserved of recognition. You must still be smiling. 🙂
- November 23, 2019 at 8:04 pm #425872
Thanks, Dave. I’m still dancing on the ceiling!
- November 23, 2019 at 3:23 pm #425849TershaKeymaster
Wow Pat, that’s wonderful! Such a beautiful image, well deserving of the recognition, you must be very proud! 🙂
- November 23, 2019 at 8:07 pm #425874
Thank you, Tersha. Yes, I am proud, but at the same time very humbled as there were so many fantastic images. Response, locally, has been overwhelming.
- November 23, 2019 at 5:36 pm #425862Rob EyersParticipant
Congratulations Pat and thanks for sharing your great news. Your images honour is well deserved.
- November 23, 2019 at 8:09 pm #425875
Thanks, Rob. I appreciate your stopping to comment.
- November 24, 2019 at 12:05 am #425884bethParticipant
lovely photo and congrats on the contest!
- November 24, 2019 at 8:54 pm #425932
Thank you, beth.
- November 25, 2019 at 10:04 am #425975Kent DuFaultParticipant
That’s awesome, Pat! Congratulations!
- November 25, 2019 at 11:40 pm #426047
- November 25, 2019 at 12:31 pm #425993Dahlia AmbroseKeymaster
Congratulations Pat. That’s amazing 🙂
- November 25, 2019 at 11:41 pm #426048
Thank you, Dahlia, very much.
- November 26, 2019 at 4:46 am #426071JasenkaGKeymaster
Congrats Pat, that’s an absolutely stunning photo!
- November 26, 2019 at 11:06 am #426122
Thank you so much, Jasenka
- November 26, 2019 at 4:51 am #426075davidcParticipant
Congratulations Pat. That is so cool. Very well done and it is well deserved. 🙂
- November 26, 2019 at 11:07 am #426123
Thank you, Davidc. Appreciate the comments.
- November 26, 2019 at 11:10 am #426124
Thank you all for stopping to comment. This community has become important to me in many ways. I find your personal posts and comments enlightening and inspirational. I am in awe of the “lens work” you show.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.