The Red Chair

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  JasenkaG 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author

Rob Eyers
    Participant

In Canada the National Parks people have placed red Muskoka arm chairs in various unusual places in the parks for several years. There’s always a good view from where they’re placed.

This chair is a lot bigger and placed by the roadside in south east Iceland. You could say it has a view…

_V4A4575.jpg

Dave Watkins
    Participant

Great shot Rob. Not only aesthetically pleasing but just plain fun to look at. A series of “Canadian National Park Red Chair” images taken at their different locations could be a fun project to put together.

Rob Eyers
      Participant

Thanks Dave. I do have a number of Canadian Red Chair photos of ones I’ve stumbled upon. It would be a good project although expensive and time consuming.

beth
    Participant

we rode by this a few times and had a good laugh.  was it bolted to the rock?

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Yes it was bolted to the rock. I’m sure someone would take it if it wasn’t. We all most drove by but decided it would be a fun image. I mean…why not?

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Love this image Rob. The red colour really stands out and can imagine the amazing view 🙂

Tersha
    Keymaster

Cool shot Rob, the chairs are a great idea, and the view looks beautiful!

John Thompson

This is a fun shot Rob.  I agree the chairs are a great idea.

Gerald Murphy
    Participant

I think it’s a really nice photo. The use of the red chair to draw the eye, the direction of the sitter’s face to lead the eye, the unusual use of a chair at all, using the cloud as a frame,the drama of the mountainscape itself, everything nice and sharp. I love it.

JasenkaG
    Keymaster

What a lovely view! I’d be really happy to sit in that chair.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.