- September 7, 2019 at 12:32 am #418911
Its been a verly long time since we had an astro photography throwdown.
I posted this in trees as well so yes it is a repeat though this throw down was my original plan for it.
Shot deep in the pine forest of the bighorn mountains between the tree tops at around 9000 feet there was no light pollution and a crystal clear night,this was only a 15 second exposure and I still managed to catch 5 meteorites and there wasn’t even a meterorite storm. The brightest object in the upper center is the international space station. The colors were very vibrant up there and could clearly be seen with the naked eye.
- September 8, 2019 at 6:11 am #418973
Nice! A reminder of how insignificant we are!
- September 8, 2019 at 6:32 am #418977
Went to Sutherland 3 weeks ago. Sutherland is home of the largest single optical telescope in the southern hemisphere (SALT) and among the largest in the world. We slept over on a farm and the owner had a huge telescope for the guest’s use. Unfortunately it was full moon so our timing was horribly wrong as far as star gazing is concerned. So I did the 2nd best thing – got out my D600 and Tamron 150-600 G2…
- September 8, 2019 at 11:37 pm #419011
Nice Tobie, can you photograph through the telescope there?
- September 8, 2019 at 7:53 am #418979
Less than ideal conditions but gave it a go anyway.
- September 8, 2019 at 8:56 am #418980
From a couple of years ago…reprocessed.
- September 8, 2019 at 9:02 am #418981
Tobie this one was taken at almost full moon in the Yucatan Mexico. I find the different viewing angle, from there to where you are, interesting.
- September 8, 2019 at 11:38 pm #419012
Nice Detail Rob, I almost prefer a little shadow versus a full moon. Like the two above as well.
- September 8, 2019 at 1:17 pm #418992
- September 8, 2019 at 11:40 pm #419013
- September 8, 2019 at 11:45 pm #419014
- September 11, 2019 at 10:40 pm #419252
- September 12, 2019 at 1:32 am #419256
- September 12, 2019 at 11:05 am #419289
All this shot is missing is a werewolf.
- September 12, 2019 at 1:35 am #419257
Upstate NY moon…
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.