UK47

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Erik Fransman
      Participant

On our way back to the harbor. Calm sea, a little bit foggy.
      Fujifilm X-T3, 1/1400s, f/6.4, 24mm, ISO 160
      Click for Flickr. (Bigger is better)
      UK47

Kent DuFault
      Participant

Interesting juxtaposition. I think it would be a better image if there were some clue, or clues, as to what that foreground object is. I realize that it is some part of a boat- but that’s about where it ends…

beth
      Participant

i like the black on light grey tones.  this would also work well as a square crop.

billyspad
      Blocked

Looks rather like an attempt to show art transcending the subject and one should applaud those brave enough to try. Whether this one works is totally subjective. I could not offer advice to change or improve it. It is what it is and it will either float the viewers boat or it will not.

Graham Hart
      Participant

The juxtaposition is there but I think it’s not prominant enough. I’d lose the empty space on the left to make a more geometric image and also put the ship on the thirds point. This makes it look more like a peek through the rigging rather than a wide open scene. Also put a filter on it to give it an old film look as if it were taken a long time ago 🙂

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Hi Erik, I really like the composition and the way you have post processed this image.

I feel that you could crop this image differently? Crop off from the top, with the structure in the foreground forming a triangular shape and then cropping off some of the left side too. Not sure what you think 🙂

Richard Barnard
      Participant

Nice tones and I like the idea of the juxtaposition and framing. As suggested above, it needs a tighter crop in my view. All the action is mid and right of frame and it feels to me that there is too much negative space frame left.

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Thank you all for commenting.

This is clearly one of those situations that I was on location and to me, it is so obvious what the contraption in the foreground is (because I saw the whole thing) but if you just look at the image, it is just not clear.

It is a part of a “puls-fishing net” and the vessel in the BG is a (pulse) fishing trawler.
      I like the negative space but I like the suggestion of the 1×1 crop as well.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author