Urban decay too

Latest Posts Photography Forums The Shark Tank Urban decay too

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Lenny Wollitz
      Participant

I stumbled on this early this morning on a street here in Mazatlan that I have walked down many times and never noticed it. I love the colors and textures! It probably needs to be cropped more than I have so far but I like everything and hate to take anything out. OK, now bring me down to earth. Just don’t tell me to convert it to BW! ISO800, 1/125, f6, 76mm.

Urban decay too by Lenny W on Light Stalking

Lenny Wollitz
      Participant

This small image sucks so here is the flickr link http://www.flickr.com/photos/eldub1/10599466245/

Ravi
      Participant

How about slight desaturation and bringing out the details? I would try reducing the exposure and playing with contrast as well.

Lenny Wollitz
      Participant

I hate to desaturate because those are really close to the actual colors… they like them BOLD in Mexico. Did you look a the flickr photo and is that the one you think needs the exposure and contrast adjusted? The Shark Tank photo sucks.

Jonathan
      Participant

It’s a beautiful shot, nothing needs to be changed.

Lenny Wollitz
      Participant

WOW, have you got some big one’s… you broke the rules. Thank you very much!

Ceyda
      Participant

Is it me or does it need straightening in PS slightly?…

Terry C
      Participant

Nice interesting image, could be desaturated slightly, I think the ‘electrical box of tricks’ should be cloned out in PS

David Adshade
      Participant

I agree with @jonathantimar. Nothing needs to change – the flickr image is stunning. I agree with you in getting your image as close as possible to the actual scene in this case. Why would you want to PS out something that is an integral part of the scene? Leave it just like it is!

Lenny Wollitz
      Participant

Depends which lines you are looking at. When I moved to Mexico I quickly learned that a level and square are useless in “handmade” construction like this.

Lenny Wollitz
      Participant

I took the street number and the electrical meter out but put the meter back in. I think it lends reality and scale to what could be an otherwise “ungrounded” photo.

Steve Crane
      Participant

I agree the colours and textures of the subject are great but the lighting seems flat and doesn’t bring the textures out as well as it could. If this is somewhere you can return to you might try at different times of the day when there is more of a side light on the wall.

Paul Shenenberger
      Participant

Great image. I do not think the colors are over saturated at all, and are still in the natural range. I personally would clone out the electrical box, it distracts from the old world feel. Maybe a slight straighten (<-2), hard to tell since their are fee straight lines.

Lenny Wollitz
      Participant

did you look at the flickr link above? The photo here is crummy.

Lenny Wollitz
      Participant

And what straight lines there are do not agree with each other… ja, ja, ja (ha, ha, ha in Spanish)

P Marione
      Blocked

I like it as it is, don’t remove the electrical box : it made it 21st century decay.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar