Tagged: Pin sharp
- May 18, 2019 at 6:49 am #406496
Get as sharp as you can, top to bottom, side to side, front to back.
https://www.lightstalking.us/sharp-photos/ by Jason D Little
https://www.lightstalking.us/shooting-sharp-photos-without-new-gear/ by Tiffany Mueller
- May 18, 2019 at 7:11 am #406497
- May 18, 2019 at 7:14 am #406498
- May 18, 2019 at 11:15 pm #406621
David: i hope one day to have such a unique and fantastic style that everyone would know it was my work just looking at it – LIKE YOU. if i were rich i would order a print of everything you do, especially this one, the sky color reflection in the water, the starkness of the trees and the ranges of mountains, then… the light show! (is it a secret or can you tell me how you got that light on the water?) ok, i’m babbling but this one really struck a cord. thank you so much for sharing. oh, and pin sharp? you bet. 🙂
- May 20, 2019 at 3:43 pm #406825
- May 22, 2019 at 3:43 am #407085
Thank you Diane. ?
- May 22, 2019 at 5:27 am #407090
Looks like some kind of water spirit. Real cool photograph.
- May 23, 2019 at 5:11 pm #407342
- May 18, 2019 at 8:33 am #406499Anonymous
- May 20, 2019 at 4:35 am #406729
- May 20, 2019 at 8:12 am #406746Lynne GuentherParticipant
Love the light, shadows, color, shapes, composition, everything!
- May 20, 2019 at 8:54 am #406751
Love this Michael.
- May 20, 2019 at 3:41 pm #406823
Love this, too, Michael!
- May 22, 2019 at 5:28 am #407091Anonymous
Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments. Michael
- May 22, 2019 at 5:28 am #407092
colours to die for. Lovely shot.
- May 23, 2019 at 6:17 pm #407347Anonymous
- May 18, 2019 at 3:47 pm #406527ClickParticipant
- May 18, 2019 at 9:51 pm #406602
- May 18, 2019 at 11:19 pm #406623
LeanneC: Wonderful! Sharp front to back, even the couple walking in the background! I love this and amazingly you got the the stillness of the water and all the reflections. Must have been early in the morning.
- May 22, 2019 at 12:55 am #407048
@leannecleaveley: Hey, wait a minute, where is the reflection of the stop sign? everything tells me it should be there but it is not? 🙂
- May 22, 2019 at 3:21 am #407080
LOL! Thanks for the kind comments, Dorothy. The line where the real pole stops and the reflection begins, is not where you think it should be. About half of the real pole is below the stop sign, so the reflection is below that. I deliberately cropped it, when shooting, so that the second (reflected) stop sign didn’t show 🙂 You can see green on the bottom part of the pole, where the tide rises and drops.
- May 23, 2019 at 12:40 am #407257
Ah, i see. It really doesn’t matter, i love this. have been around boats and fishing most of my life, it was my Dad’s fault. 🙂 we started fishing off the banks of ponds and Dad worked his way up from a little row boat to a 35 ft deep sea fishing boat he charted out of Dennis, MA (Cape Cod) and we all went along with him. I look at this and it fills me with many memories, thank you.
- May 22, 2019 at 5:33 am #407094
I like the mess of all the rigging. Looks like the boats are hanging from the sky. Lovely 🙂
- May 24, 2019 at 1:46 am #407403
Thanks davidc – I actually agonized over how to compose this for that very reason! I used the stop sign as my “anchor” so to speak. On a side note, I never actually saw a boat ‘stop’
- May 19, 2019 at 4:10 am #406636
- May 20, 2019 at 8:54 am #406752
Very nice Belinda!
- May 20, 2019 at 12:12 pm #406803
Thank you so much Kent
- May 20, 2019 at 3:44 pm #406826
- May 21, 2019 at 11:30 pm #407033
Thank you so much Tersha
- May 22, 2019 at 5:35 am #407095
Sharp and very nice.
- May 22, 2019 at 12:19 pm #407152
Thank you so much DavidC
- May 19, 2019 at 11:23 am #406665
This photo is about sharpness and textures.
View large. I have also posted this on Flickr.
- May 19, 2019 at 6:35 pm #406688
Hi John: Yep, opened in separate tab and magnified. Fantastic job of sharpness and textures. Sometimes we can’t truly appreciate these photos until we see them up close and personal.
- May 20, 2019 at 3:05 pm #406821
Thank you Dorothy. This must be viewed large to see the texture in the tree. I usually do not promote my work but I really like this and have it mounted and displayed. I did that the second day home after taking it.
- May 21, 2019 at 3:36 pm #406963
Loved this when I first saw it John!
- May 21, 2019 at 11:32 pm #407034
Love the textures – beautifully captured John
- May 22, 2019 at 5:36 am #407096
Hi John can’t see the image!
- May 22, 2019 at 3:10 pm #407182
- May 23, 2019 at 2:53 am #407277
Beautiful ! One for the wall.
- May 19, 2019 at 1:06 pm #406672Anonymous
FujiXT20, 23mm lens, f2, 1/2000 iso 100
Feelings – Manhattan view from old Brooklyn Pier
- May 22, 2019 at 5:37 am #407097
Like the lines of the wood and the black and white. 🙂
- May 19, 2019 at 3:04 pm #406677
- May 19, 2019 at 6:32 pm #406686
This is nice. I was there once but did not have a camera. Nice and sharp.
- May 22, 2019 at 5:58 am #407105
Thanks John. It is such a nice place and they don’t mind people taking pictures.
- May 19, 2019 at 6:38 pm #406689
davidc: absolutely lovely.
- May 22, 2019 at 5:58 am #407106
Thanks Dorothy. 🙂
- May 20, 2019 at 7:01 am #406744JasenkaGKeymaster
Beautifully shot (tilt works great) and indeed tack sharp!
- May 22, 2019 at 5:59 am #407107
Thanks Jasenka. 🙂
- May 22, 2019 at 3:11 pm #407183
Nice one, fantastic place!
- May 23, 2019 at 2:54 am #407278
Wow ! This image is as sharp and beautiful !
- May 23, 2019 at 4:48 pm #407338chris pookParticipant
- May 19, 2019 at 3:58 pm #406679
- May 19, 2019 at 6:33 pm #406687
I like this Diane. Were you on a bridge or wearing wadders?
- May 20, 2019 at 3:48 pm #406827
Thanks John, I was on a bridge.
- May 19, 2019 at 7:15 pm #406695
Nice one , love the bird box on the tree.
- May 20, 2019 at 3:49 pm #406828
- May 22, 2019 at 5:40 am #407098
The kind of place i would like to be in. Lovely photograph.
- May 23, 2019 at 2:55 am #407279
A lovely image !
- May 19, 2019 at 6:44 pm #406690
Hi Diane: funny John asked that question, it was the first thing that came to my mind as well. 🙂 actually it was second, my honest first thought was, this is lovely i would like to be there, which brought me to the question. nice sharp photo, the water is so crisp and the moss on the tree limbs is lovely. oh, are those bird houses on the trees on the left bank? that is curious, in such a beautiful place who would think birds would need assistance with housing?
- May 20, 2019 at 3:53 pm #406830
Hi Dorothy, thanks for the comments. I’m standing on a bridge, and behind me is a hide, for watching birds, Dippers, if I remember rightly. The whole area is part of a nature trail, and an historic farmhouse, so I guess the bird boxes are part of the trail.
- May 20, 2019 at 4:13 pm #406834
It looks like a very nice area to spend time Diane. I am jealous!!
- May 20, 2019 at 8:38 am #406748
The subject allows enough to make a sharp image from front to back, left to right, etc.
- May 20, 2019 at 8:41 am #406749
Another kind of vestige
(I must admit that the background of the landscape is not really sharp)
- May 20, 2019 at 8:56 am #406753
“Birds in Paris” Tried to capture the birds and street lights in sharp focus while keeping the background soft.
- May 20, 2019 at 2:27 pm #406817
Nice Kent , Those Birds are a great inclusion to this one.
- May 20, 2019 at 7:13 pm #406849billyspadBlocked
Put into the Shark Tank but possibly belongs here also as it is sharpened to the extreme to get the effect I wanted.
- May 20, 2019 at 11:18 pm #406890
For how busy the overall image is, I’m still drawn to her eyes. Great details
- May 20, 2019 at 8:46 pm #406862
A sharp knife cutting up some sharp cheddar cheese ?
- May 21, 2019 at 3:40 pm #406966
Very ‘sharp’ Elysia! Cool shot.
- May 22, 2019 at 12:42 am #407045
Love this photo and love the play on words for the theme … well done Elysia!
- May 23, 2019 at 7:34 pm #407352
Thank you, Tersha and Frogdaily! It was my first meaningful attempt at a still life shot 🙂
- May 25, 2019 at 2:09 am #407537
Cool Elysia – cheese looks very sharp indeed !
- May 20, 2019 at 11:19 pm #406891Graham HartParticipant
Sharp minds within…
- May 21, 2019 at 10:35 am #406932
Graham this is very nice!
- May 21, 2019 at 3:58 pm #406979
This is powerful in black and white.
- May 22, 2019 at 12:47 am #407046
What an interesting place Graham… beautifully captured… well done!
- May 22, 2019 at 5:47 am #407101
Looks real sharp Graham. Good one.
- May 23, 2019 at 2:56 am #407280
Love it !
- May 20, 2019 at 11:23 pm #406892
The real challenge this week was dealing with the light breeze.
- May 21, 2019 at 1:10 am #406899
This place is great. Am beginning to see where i lack sharpness in my photos. Having such wonderful examples here in all the LS Forums i have been able to compare my work and can acknowledge, boy do i need to do some work! I am going to submit to this challenge as i feel i have managed a fair amount of sharpness. I call this Wind Blown Trees.
- May 21, 2019 at 3:42 pm #406968
Oh , I love this Dorothy, beautiful woodland!
- May 22, 2019 at 3:03 am #407076
Thank you Tersha. We have a James A. Reed Memorial Wildlife Area that has an awful lot to offer, from lots of awesome woods to fields of sunflowers and numerous lakes for fishing. I go quite often, it is such a beautiful, peaceful place.
- May 22, 2019 at 5:49 am #407102
Very spooky place nice one Dorothy.
- May 21, 2019 at 7:26 am #406920
- May 21, 2019 at 10:36 am #406933
Comes a great pic of stone and muted colors. Well done Elin.
- May 21, 2019 at 3:44 pm #406970
So sharp Elin, and a wonderful landscape.
- May 21, 2019 at 5:02 pm #406987
Smashing photo yet again.
- May 22, 2019 at 12:27 am #407041
- May 22, 2019 at 12:51 am #407047
Great shot Elin and well deserved to be recognized in members Pick of the Week!
- May 22, 2019 at 5:52 am #407103
Have a look on Flickr people. It is like a 3D movie set. you can almost step into it. Superb Elin.
- May 22, 2019 at 3:01 pm #407177
Elin, this is really amazing. All sharp. The roadway in the distance is really effective for providing a sense of scale.
- May 22, 2019 at 3:12 pm #407184
Luvit! Moonscape? 😉
- May 22, 2019 at 9:06 pm #407238Graham HartParticipant
Wow, it is amazing on flickr David. Wonderful image Elin and I can definitely see a dragon-like face in that large boulder in the top right position. Looks like a character out of Game of Thrones.
- May 23, 2019 at 2:58 am #407281
Thank you for kind comments everyone ! You are right Graham – this spot is not far from where some scenes for The Game of Thrones were shot !
- May 21, 2019 at 4:06 pm #406984
- May 21, 2019 at 4:27 pm #406985
- May 22, 2019 at 1:07 am #407051
Seth L: Beautiful. Seeing the underneath of the bridge, love the detail and the perspective.
- May 22, 2019 at 2:07 am #407065
Very nice, Seth. What Dorothy said.
- May 22, 2019 at 5:53 am #407104
Very cool shot. 🙂
- May 22, 2019 at 3:00 pm #407176
Seth, this is an excellent shot. Really works in B&W.
- May 22, 2019 at 3:51 pm #407190
Thanks All! This has been warm welcome to this website!
- May 23, 2019 at 2:59 am #407282
Super image Seth !
- May 21, 2019 at 5:43 pm #406989Rob EyersParticipant
- May 21, 2019 at 6:48 pm #406995
Small patch of lichen. 100mm macro lens almost 1 ft away from the tree.
- May 21, 2019 at 10:57 pm #407027
- May 22, 2019 at 12:02 am #407036
Thanks for the comment P71. I would not disagree with it. 🙂 I like the texture too.
- May 22, 2019 at 1:08 am #407052
What’s the record for modifications in a 24 hour period?
- May 22, 2019 at 1:12 am #407055
Dave Watkins: Wow. Very cool. I am amazed at the number of different types of life growing on that tree, more than at the number of modifications. 🙂
- May 22, 2019 at 2:08 am #407066
🙂 Thanks. I was surprised at how many little dots of green showed up in post. I did not see them while shooting. Lesson learned. Pay attention to the small details at the perimeter of your shot.
- May 22, 2019 at 2:58 pm #407174
Wonderful – I’m a fan of lichens and bark textures.
- May 23, 2019 at 9:48 am #407304
Thanks Anne. I like those subjects too. This one not as sharp as original RAW file. I still struggle with retaining IQ after reverting to jpeg and resizing for posting here.
- May 22, 2019 at 2:17 am #407068
- May 22, 2019 at 2:38 am #407071
The clouds never lifted off this volcano while we were there. I guess we’ll just have to go back. 🙂
- May 22, 2019 at 2:54 pm #407173
- May 22, 2019 at 3:50 pm #407189
Worth the wait Anne, really good camouflage!
- May 24, 2019 at 12:19 am #407381
Anne: Wow. Had to wait for Flickr to come back up but glad i kept checking. i did not even notice him at first. the sharpness is perfect. not sure i would want to go for a stroll with you if this is what you run across. 🙂 so, 2 things if i may, 1 – what type of machinery is that and 2 – please tell me that is not some kind of skeleton behind his tail under the machine. Amazing shot.
- May 25, 2019 at 2:13 am #407540
Great shot Anne !
- May 28, 2019 at 12:12 pm #408110
Thanks, Dorothy and Elin. @Dorothy, I hadn’t noticed the white “skeleton” — I think it’s a piece of shell, not an animal spine. There were large numbers of conch shells lying on the beaches in various states of decomposition. Conch farming is an industry in this part of Belize, and locals use them for stews.
- May 22, 2019 at 3:52 pm #407191
- May 23, 2019 at 1:07 am #407259
Hi Tersha: forgive me, what are these? (flickr is down right now so if there is an explanatory title there i can’t see it)
btw did a search and ended up reading an article by dPS (digital photography school) on focus stacking.
if it would stop raining around here i would like to get out and try some landscape shots and will now have to incorporate focus stacking. you can’t see this but i am doing my happy dance (feet tapping around under my desk) i am so happy i came to LS this road of learning has been inspirational and just plain ol’ fun.
- May 24, 2019 at 12:25 am #407383
Flickr is back – Cones! not familiar with these, grew up around the evergreen pine cones, what are these from. Wow amazing detail on Flickr, i can understand the idea of focus stacking even better now. very original choice to shoot from this end of the cone, i like it.
- May 24, 2019 at 3:55 pm #407485
Hi Dorothy, apparently they’re Uxi nuts, from the Raffia Palm. My partner used some for woodturning, that’s why there’s some hanging about here!
Looking forward to seeing some of your landscape stacking. 🙂
- May 25, 2019 at 2:07 am #407535
Thanks Tersha: That’s really cool. Well, it is still Raining! 🙁 Have just had an evening of Tornado Sirens and it looks like at least 5 to 6 more days of rain. Good grief. lol – I’ll have to get Noah to stop by and pick me up so i can go out shooting.
- May 23, 2019 at 3:00 am #407283
Impressive work Diane – how many layers ?
- May 24, 2019 at 4:02 pm #407486
Thanks Elin, I think there were about 10 layers. It was a while ago, I need to do some more.
- May 23, 2019 at 10:14 am #407309Anonymous
Well, OK, I’ll play. This is a fifteen image focus stack using Affinity Photo. I only did it to try my hand at a stacked image.
- May 23, 2019 at 10:39 pm #407366Bruce GordonParticipant
- May 25, 2019 at 2:14 am #407541
Lovely Bruce !
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.