Weekend Photography Challenge 8: Sharp

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Weekend Photography Challenge 8: Sharp

Tagged: ,

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • Author

This one is at the behest of @tomdinning

The theme is “sharp”

Will be interested to see what everyone (especially Tom) comes up with!

Nicola
      Participant

sharp?! :/

Nicola
      Participant

sharp?! :/

Sharp! 😉

Actually, it’s quite open if you think about it. From sharp objects through to sharp lines or sharpened photos. etc.

Sharp! 😉

Actually, it’s quite open if you think about it. From sharp objects through to sharp lines or sharpened photos. etc.

Yeah, you could certainly do that I think. 🙂

The theme is really only to make you think. The fun in it is that different people will come up with different things.

The first thing I thought of was somebody who was dressed really well – they look “sharp” 🙂

Yeah, you could certainly do that I think. 🙂

The theme is really only to make you think. The fun in it is that different people will come up with different things.

The first thing I thought of was somebody who was dressed really well – they look “sharp” 🙂

tom dinning
      Blocked

This is where you need to let the adult go and find the child in you. Don’t be concerned if you are right or wrong. Just take pictures and use the image as an adjective to your thoughts. Everyone can take pictures of a knife, say, but to give the impression of it being sharp is the challenge. Or with admin’s idea of a sharp looking person, or pefema’s thoughts about sharpness in an image. What you need to do is use the elements of design to emphasise ‘sharp’. Contrast, perspective, subject choice, colour, lighting all could be used to do this.

tom dinning
      Blocked

This is where you need to let the adult go and find the child in you. Don’t be concerned if you are right or wrong. Just take pictures and use the image as an adjective to your thoughts. Everyone can take pictures of a knife, say, but to give the impression of it being sharp is the challenge. Or with admin’s idea of a sharp looking person, or pefema’s thoughts about sharpness in an image. What you need to do is use the elements of design to emphasise ‘sharp’. Contrast, perspective, subject choice, colour, lighting all could be used to do this.

gone
      Participant

I’m a little confused… o_0
      What are the specific days that I can (legally) take pics for these weekend chanllenges? Is it Saturday and Sunday only?

gone
      Participant

I’m a little confused… o_0
      What are the specific days that I can (legally) take pics for these weekend chanllenges? Is it Saturday and Sunday only?

Well, @tomdinning and @nicola like to argue about that, but in the end there are no hard and fast rules. Try to take it in the same week, but if you have a shot from another Time that you would like to share then we would love to see it. 🙂

Well, @tomdinning and @nicola like to argue about that, but in the end there are no hard and fast rules. Try to take it in the same week, but if you have a shot from another Time that you would like to share then we would love to see it. 🙂

tom dinning
      Blocked

Yeah!!!! 🙂

tom dinning
      Blocked

Yeah!!!! 🙂

Double “Yeah!!!!” 🙂

Double “Yeah!!!!” 🙂

tom dinning
      Blocked

Thought I’d get the ball rolling with a couple of the obvious. I did have a dream last night about an image of a very shiny Samurai sword slicing someone’s head off. Anyone have a sword I can borrow for the weekend?
      _D306569

and

_D306567

tom dinning
      Blocked

Thought I’d get the ball rolling with a couple of the obvious. I did have a dream last night about an image of a very shiny Samurai sword slicing someone’s head off. Anyone have a sword I can borrow for the weekend?
      _D306569

and

_D306567

Scene of the Jelly Making Murder What Were You Thinking ?

Scene of the Jelly Making Murder What Were You Thinking ?

One more –
      To The Point

One more –
      To The Point

Yvonne
      Participant

Well, we certainly can’t have a challenge named “sharp” without the proverbial “Sharp as a Tack” can we?

I mean, it’s so cliche, I just couldn’t resist. : )

Sharp-as-the-proverbial...

Yvonne
      Participant

Well, we certainly can’t have a challenge named “sharp” without the proverbial “Sharp as a Tack” can we?

I mean, it’s so cliche, I just couldn’t resist. : )

Sharp-as-the-proverbial...

Yvonne
      Participant

@admin, BTW, I think “cliche” in itself would make for a good challenge subject

Yvonne
      Participant

@admin, BTW, I think “cliche” in itself would make for a good challenge subject

Yvonne
      Participant

Ok, you can’t have a sharp knife without the tools to make it that way, right?

The-Art-of-Sharpening

Yvonne
      Participant

Ok, you can’t have a sharp knife without the tools to make it that way, right?

The-Art-of-Sharpening

Grethel R. Ulang
      Participant

thorns_BW

thorns

Grethel R. Ulang
      Participant

thorns_BW

thorns

Nice in black and white, Grethel!!

Nice in black and white, Grethel!!

Yvonne
      Participant

Nice image for the challenge @greatgreats , and I definately prefer the B/W over the colour version.

Yvonne
      Participant

Nice image for the challenge @greatgreats , and I definately prefer the B/W over the colour version.

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar